Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Happy Wednesday!
gwenpatt.dc 06:55 AM 04-25-2012

Good Morning! I'm an 'experienced' provider who is new here. A Mom I met on CafeMom recommended this site. I've been in childcare for 21 years, since my baby was 3 mos old. She will be 22 June 1st. I have worked in 3 different states and am in MN now. I have a house full of boys and one girl after school. My computer skills are not fabulous but I do ok. Hope to meet some new friends here and maybe learn something new in the process! Good to meet you all. Hope to talk to you soon!
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 04-25-2012
Welcome!! We are a fun group here. Lots of different ideas, opinions and personalities but that definitely helps when it comes to seeing things from a different perspective! It also keeps things lively here too!

It sounds like you are a pro at doing daycare already as 21 years is along time to be in the business! Congrats on not being burned out already....especially with a house full of boys! I couldn't imagine the craziness!!

I hope you find this forum not only fun and interesting but helpful as well! Jump right in and make yourself at home.....
mema 07:43 AM 04-25-2012
Welcome! I'm in MN too!
godiva83 09:44 AM 04-25-2012
Welcome, it really is a great group to belong to.

How did your daughter enjoy growing up in a daycare? I always worry my son (s) are going to rebel because of growing up in a day home
gwenpatt.dc 12:57 PM 04-25-2012
My dtr loved it! So did my son. My dtr met her best friend in my childcare. They were 3 mos and 6 mos when they met. They were together a minimum of 5 days a week for the next 9-10 years. They still keep in touch via facebook and cell. Erin is in Ohio. Jess is in MN. My 24 yr old son has told me that "we had a great childhood". When he was in HS he and his sister made it clear to me that "we always had little brothers and sisters that never grew up. We never came home to a quiet house and we don't like it now!" We had just moved here and I was in the licensing process. He also has friends from daycare that he is in touch with. Guess we were lucky in that.
gwenpatt.dc 12:58 PM 04-25-2012
Another MN Momma! What part are you in?
Reply Up