Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cloth Diapering Issue
BGM 07:29 AM 05-03-2019
So, one of my cloth diapering parents just asked if I could start reusing the wraps because they're starting to wear from all the washing they're having to go through since I don't reuse them here.

When I first opened I would do that, but I found a.) it's just another step in my already hectic day, b.) they would sometimes not be enough if their kid poops more than one time a day and then I'm SOL and c.) I just don't want to deal with that, so I now require my CD families to bring enough diapers for me to use each one once.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure they've had these wraps since their oldest was a baby. She has to be at least 6 or 7 by now. Some of these diapers have buttons missing. Some have holes in the top. I'm just amazed that instead of getting new wraps, or having their child use disposables, even if it's just at daycare, they would put that responsibility on me.

Let's not even get into the fact that this kid ALWAYS has diaper rash. I thought, maybe it's me. Maybe I'm not changing him often enough, but sure enough, on the first day of daycare after being gone all summer, he comes in with a rash. Once when it was really bad, I suggested using disposables, just till it clears up, and the mom flat out said I really don't want to do that. I'm really against disposables. I get that they're bad for the environment, but when your kid's leg is bleeding and weeping from a rash, maybe 15 diapers in the grand scheme of things is passable?? But nope!

I'm so sick and tired of these guys and their diapers. My other families have no problem with the diapers. They come pre-assembled each day with disposables in case of emergencies and outings. If my other families can do this, then this one should be able to as well. Right??

I'm so annoyed with them right now. This policy has been in effect since September. It's May. Stop trying to change the game.
Tags:annoying, cloth diaper policies, cloth diapers, parents - ask too much
Up