Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustrated
Disneyfan 08:40 AM 10-23-2014
I charge a weekly flat rate based on parents work hours. Anything over is an extra fee. I have a family who dcd works until 3 picks up by 3:15. They asked back in March if dcg can stay later some days while dcd coaches baseball. Well baseball is long gone and lately they are scheduling daycare girl here until 5-5:30pm.(sometimes she is here at 6-630am/even with the long extended hours I never charged the extra fee) Dcm has varied work hours(dad does not). Week to week it varies if dcg is full or part time. Hours are starting to be all over the place.

Anyways in January I am doing a rate increase and updating my contract and handbook. I have been looking at the other parents hours and I want to start in Jan. "contracted hours" I want them to give me their hours without going over 9.5 hours. It should work for everyone and hopefully put a stop to all the extended hours. Does this seem ok for me to do??? Another thing I am thinking too is if I know dcg is gone by 3:15 then I can consider more kids without going over ratio.

I am new to posting but have followed this group for a while. Please take it easy on me
Up