Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Have The LOUD Parent?
lovemykidstoo 04:52 AM 04-24-2018
One of my dcm's is the 1st one to get here in the morning (7:30). My husband works 2nd shift, so typically goes to bed about 1 or 2. We have a ranch house, so not huge. She comes in every morning and I in a quiet, voice say good morning and the mom is like GOOD MORNING and then BLAH BLAH BLAH for about 7 minutes. I really don't engage in the conversation hoping she will cut it and go to work. She talks about baby's night, which is the same every day, sits there and stares at her baby and says how cute he is. Yup he is, bye bye ugh! She is just so loud and really do we need to talk that long? I think since she thinks that he's the first one here that I don't have anythinig else to do or what.
MyAngels 06:30 AM 04-24-2018
I used to have one, thankfully she dropped off after everyone was awake though. At one point, one of my older kids told her she needed to use her inside voice but it didn't quiet her down at all unfortunately.
Unregistered 07:07 AM 04-24-2018
All of my parents at this present time have something that irritates me. A LOT.

Family number 1- They think they are entitled.

Family number 2- Have just one toddler and think every single thing child does is cute. Um no

Family number 3- First time parents in their 40's. Need I say more?

Family number 4- Does not start until Sept. But, I am prepared for anything.

Tell mom your husband needs quiet to sleep.
tenderhearts 07:21 AM 04-24-2018
Yes my newest family of almost 3 months, super nice couple but both mom and dad talk REALLY loud and because of this, their son talks REALLY loud ALL day long, it is so irritating, it's like they all shouting at you, how the heck do you teach a kids to use inside voice when they never do at home. UGH!!
lovemykidstoo 07:37 AM 04-24-2018
Glad I'm not the only one lol. I keep responding to her in a softer, quieter voice hoping she does in return but nope LOUD LOUD LOUD!
Blackcat31 07:42 AM 04-24-2018
My sister is like that...but she isn't always aware that she is as loud as she is. I think some people just don't realize it and they try to talk quietly only to resume the same volume level as they started.

In your case, I would straight up tell mom "I'm sorry but my DH is trying to sleep, can you whisper please?"

You will more than likely have to remind her a lot but I wold continue to do it. If you don't she will continue to be loud.

Last resort is passing baby to you on the step.
"My DH has been woken during drop offs lately so in order for him to rest I would like to do drop off/hand off on the step especially since it's getting to be nice outside. Thank you for understanding!"

Your business so might just have to advocate for quiet or just deal with it...like I said, more than likely DCM doesn't realize she is that loud.
Tags:loud, loud parent, obnoxious parents, parent - loud
Reply Up