Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeling Frustrated With Potty Training DCB
elle73 06:44 AM 02-24-2011
Hey everyone, I've talked about potty training the same dcb and how hard it has been, I'm starting to feel very frustrated right now. He will be 3 in Aug. and his parents keep telling me that he is completely potty trained. His mom told me that they put him on the toilet every hour and they have to catch him pooping and then put him on the toilet and he will poop. He will not tell them if he has to pee or poo. To me this is not potty trained. I set my timer for every hour to put him on the toilet and he never pees and his pullup is always full(his mom told me that his pullup is always dry when she puts him on the toilet every hour) also he is very content to sit in a soiled pullup, he never tells me when he has pooped or peed in it, and this boy poops like 5 or 6 times a day.

I've potty trained my own daughter plus 2 dck's all with out any problems and also have a 2 1/2 yr old daycare boy that is potty training right now who is doing great, so I don't understand why I'm having such a hard time with him (I understand some kids are harder than others). I think what is the most frustrating for me is that his parents tell me at home he always goes on the toilet, yet I'm telling them everyday that he doesn't here and they always act so surprised. I'm doing the same thing they do at home and have tried every incentive for him but he doesn't care about getting stickers or anything.

Has anyone else been through this and what did you do? I would love to have the 2 boys potty trained at the same time. Sorry this is so long but I really don't know what else to do.
SandeeAR 06:59 AM 02-24-2011
I feel your pain. I have 2.5 y/o, that is the same way. She has been in and out of potty training 3-4 times now. Parents will try for awhile and then give it up and go back to diapers. Currently, she is back in diapers. She knows what to do, can do it, but simply won't. She doesn't care if she is wet or poopy, doesn't matter to her. You can ask her if she needs to go potty and she will tell you no and 10 min later, fill the pull up.

I will be interested to see the replies.
Reply Up