Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>PHB Question, Re: Hours
MNmamaOf4 01:33 PM 07-06-2011
I have in my PHB my hours that I'm open 7:30-5:30. Lately one family has been coming 10-15 minutes early and my door is usually open because my husband leaves for work at 4:30, well today he had the day off from his early job so the door was still locked. We were at a baseball game last night and didn't get home until 1:00 am, so I was running a little behind this morning. My phone rings at 7:18 from DC grandma letting me know that her husband has been pounding on my door for the last 5 minutes. I was just getting ready to go out to my living room and turn on lights, etc. I didn't even realize what time it was when she called until after I had hung up with her. I'm a little irritated about it, I don't open until 7:30, so there for I shouldn't have to have my door open before that, they are just lucky that most days it is and I'm ready to go. Anyway, I'm updating my PHB because my license classification changed when I renewed my license last month. So my question is, do you have anything in your PHB that states that they are not to arrive before your open time? I have it very clear about my closing time that they must arrive no later that 5:30, etc., but nothing about my start time. I've been pretty lax about it because I only have 2 families right now and the one family doesn't arrive until 8:00 am. I'm still in my first year of doing daycare so I'm still trying to work all the kinks out. I've been licensed since last July but didn't start until January.

Thanks for your help!
Tags:hours, phb, policy
Up