Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Help Really Hyper Kid - Handful

I just took one 5 years old boy last week, He is really handful. He is jumping all over the house and not following the rules and peeing all over the floor, not flushing. He broke already one dining chair, trying to break the railing of my stairs. I talked to his parents too. Not much response from them. Any ideas please. I am so scared.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Nature Lover

Bye, bye little guy! Not the perfect fit for my childcare. Please do not let the income make you keep this child. He may run your other clients off. He is replaceable and not worth the financial risk to you!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com

Introductory period...You introduced him, he's not what you want for your group, you did your part.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

If his parents have no response to breaking a chair, I think thats a good clue that he is out of control at home and you are on your own with this one. I would not keep a kid that was doing that and whose parents indicate that they have no ideas or support to curb his behavior.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thank You all. Yes, parents do not have a clue to control him and there is not rules at home too. I told the parents that I will try for 2 more weeks and then if he is not improved atleast 10% he is out the daycare.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Advanced Daycare.com

You're gutsier than I am! Breaking things, unruly and you're going to give him the week he's been there plus another 2 weeks?!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Kids View Post
Bye, bye little guy! Not the perfect fit for my childcare. Please do not let the income make you keep this child. He may run your other clients off. He is replaceable and not worth the financial risk to you!
What she said! Just wait until he hits Public School - his parents will get a real wake up call then!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care View Post
What she said! Just wait until he hits Public School - his parents will get a real wake up call then!
He is starting from next week. Hope they wake up.

Tags
behavior - effecting others, discipline - consistency, termination - behavioral