Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Revisiting Obedience In A New Way
Countrygal 03:18 PM 06-11-2012
This post sounds so unorganized and disjointed. I'm hot, tired and feeling totally defeated. HELP!!!

Here's an overview of my program and my problem and I'm hoping for very specific suggestions as to how to approach the problem. You guys always have such awesome suggestions. I need a laid out plan here, not just forms of punishment.

I have a huge problem with one family especially and the children's disobedience. To the point that I feel it is very much a safety issue. I have a 3 1/2 yo that I feel I can't go ANYWHERE with, even a playground without holding his hand because he absolutely won't mind. His sibling is just as bad.

I have a program where about once every two weeks we try to go to a park or on a field trip, maybe out to lunch or ice cream. It's one way I have of giving them something to look forward to.

Today we went to a state park and out to McD's for lunch. By the time I got home I was absolutely so worn to a frazzle that I swore I'd NEVER to a FT again!

There were the normal things, coupled with equipment failure and extreme heat. But the worst part was the disobedience. I just am at a loss as to what to do. I've mentioned it on here before, but it keeps getting worse, not only with me, but from what I've observed with the parents as well. I've requested they meet with me for a conference about it, but I don't think they think it's really an issue. Or they think it's just me or I'm overreacting.....whatever. But honestly, I'm feeling defeated here.

What is my best plan of action? Do I stay home totally and not go anywhere, do anything, and work only on obedience until I see some major improvement? And if I do this, what happens if it doesn't work because the parents aren't reinforcing what I'm doing? I know this is a common problem - how do most of you solve it? This is one reason I never wanted to have an in-home daycare. I always wanted to have a group daycare, but could never afford it. :P Problems like these are much more moot point. You have a set of rules and that is that. Everyone sticks to them. Unless I want to do a group daycare atmosphere in my home, which I don't, how do I handle this?

I used to do daycare, but honestly never came up against this particular problem in such a magnified way. I need a very specific plan of action - like two weeks working on nothing but obedience, then a trial walk down the road, for example. What has worked for someone else who had this problem??
Tags:obeying
Up