Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help with How to Operate Waiting List
lovemydaycare0912 09:41 AM 01-20-2016
Hello again,

I am licensed for 6 children and am at full capacity. I have began a waiting list and am also working on getting a larger space to become licensed for more.

How should I go about the waiting list? I have all the parents info and what they would need as far as days and hours. Should I give them my handbook?

Also Im looking to change my handbook for new families to include a 2 week deposit to use towards last 2 weeks of care. Do I let them know that so that way when I call them they will have this ready to go?

Confused, need help. Thanks in advance.
Ariana 09:48 AM 01-20-2016
I have my two week deposit outlined in my handbook and I would definitely recommend giving it to potential families. This way you can weed out anyone who won't want to adhere to your policies. Don't necessarily expect them all to read it though.

At the centre where I worked the waitlist was compiled by date care was requested and type of spot needed. So if Jane asked for care in June and Billy asked for care in July, Jane gets called first. BUT if Billy needs a full time spot and Jane wants a part time spot and my only spot available is full time then I call Billy first. Basically priority went to full timers who requested spots first. They would be called and given the spot. If they passed then go to the next on the list.
Blackcat31 09:59 AM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Hello again,

I am licensed for 6 children and am at full capacity. I have began a waiting list and am also working on getting a larger space to become licensed for more.

How should I go about the waiting list? I have all the parents info and what they would need as far as days and hours. Should I give them my handbook?

Also Im looking to change my handbook for new families to include a 2 week deposit to use towards last 2 weeks of care. Do I let them know that so that way when I call them they will have this ready to go?

Confused, need help. Thanks in advance.
Most of my philosophies and my basic child care program ideas etc are on my website so parents can easily see if my program is something they want to sign on for or not.

Once they decided they would like to enroll or find out more info, then I advise them to put their names/info on my waitlist.

I then e-mail everyone on my waitlist somewhere between the 1st and the 10th of each month letting them know of any potential openings or any expected openings.

If the days/hours they need and the ages of their child(ren) match my opening I go ahead and move along with the enrollment process.

I will PM you my website address so that you can see how the waitlist "works" (how it works is addressed on the site)
KSDC 10:04 AM 01-20-2016
I have my handbook posted online, too. I always start with giving them the link so that they can see if my daycare is what they are looking for.

Then, if I don't have any openings, I take their basic information. Name, child age, hours needed, phone or email that I can contact them.
MunchkinWrangler 11:27 AM 01-20-2016
I have a question regarding this. Do I waitlist people who are inquiring but I don't have a spot available, even if it's say November? The reason being I've had people change their minds then I'm scrambling to interview for the spot.
Blackcat31 11:37 AM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
I have a question regarding this. Do I waitlist people who are inquiring but I don't have a spot available, even if it's say November? The reason being I've had people change their minds then I'm scrambling to interview for the spot.
I email them monthly for updates (both on my end and theirs).

If they want to stay on my waitlist they need to reply.

If they don't need care any longer or have changed their minds, they just don't reply and I remove their names.
Tags:2weekdeposit, waiting list
Reply Up