Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Letter Wording
LittleD 07:46 AM 08-08-2011
So with September coming, I need to term one or two kids. I Also want to ask the parents for letters of reference. I am terming because I cant afford to keep 3 before and after school kids. I need to have full time kids. Should I even bother asking for letters of reference? How would I word that kind of request(regardless of whether or not they are being termed. Some are staying, and I still want letters from them)
sharlan 07:49 AM 08-08-2011
The ones that are being termed probably won't be willing to give you a letter of recommedation.
LittleD 08:55 AM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
The ones that are being termed probably won't be willing to give you a letter of recommedation.
Didnt think so, but for the other ones? "I am building a portfolio and was wondering if you would be willing to write a letter of reference for me?" Would that work
laundrymom 09:00 AM 08-08-2011
I do annual evaluations at contract time. I make copies, black out names and show to prospective clients
wdmmom 09:33 AM 08-08-2011
I wouldn't "term". I would just write a letter of resignation telling the families that you will no longer be providing care for school age children.

If you are wanting reference letters, I would give them as much notice as possible.
LittleD 10:11 AM 08-08-2011
I don't have contracts, as I am contracted by an agency. They have the parents sign age ncy contracts upon being placed in a hdc. Also, I am keeping 1 SA boy as his baby brother will still be with me.
Tags:references, terminated, terminating, termination, termination - reasons
Reply Up