Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-07-2014, 07:35 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default Promoting Nannyde

Of course you all know who that is and if you don't I suggest that you get to know who that is.

I just want to give a HUGE shout out about her services.

I went to Nan to have her help me develop her rate structure for my program. Let's just say I am a hot mess.

I am currently losing money due to my move and food program cuts, and was still charging way too little. Was giving away too many discounts.

Long story short, after only two consults with her I went from $200 a week for my current clients and enrolled a new client today at $240

She not only told me the how and the why, she gave me the confidence to believe in "ME" and my program.

I never would have asked for that amount if it were not for her.

All along, I thought that I was charging more and turns out I wasn't.................................

Thank you Nan........................
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-07-2014, 07:47 PM
MarinaVanessa's Avatar
MarinaVanessa MarinaVanessa is online now
Family Childcare Home
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 7,142
Default

Nan .... the original Daycare Whisperer. She rehabilitates children, she trains providers
__________________
Daycare Ninja, CA
Helping Hands Childcare
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2014, 08:57 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV065
Nan .... the original Daycare Whisperer. She rehabilitates children, she trains providers


I AM the Daycare Whisperer! Said in English with a Spanish accent.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2014, 08:58 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
Of course you all know who that is and if you don't I suggest that you get to know who that is.

I just want to give a HUGE shout out about her services.

I went to Nan to have her help me develop her rate structure for my program. Let's just say I am a hot mess.

I am currently losing money due to my move and food program cuts, and was still charging way too little. Was giving away too many discounts.

Long story short, after only two consults with her I went from $200 a week for my current clients and enrolled a new client today at $240

She not only told me the how and the why, she gave me the confidence to believe in "ME" and my program.

I never would have asked for that amount if it were not for her.

All along, I thought that I was charging more and turns out I wasn't.................................

Thank you Nan........................
You have EARNED that rate. I didn't do what it takes... YOU did it!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2014, 10:03 PM
midaycare's Avatar
midaycare midaycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,659
Default

That is awesome OP!

It sounds like it was a great consult
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 AM
KiddieCahoots's Avatar
KiddieCahoots KiddieCahoots is offline
FCC Educator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Utopia
Posts: 1,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post


I AM the Daycare Whisperer! Said in English with a Spanish accent.
.................

Hey! Along with the regular redirecting methods we use, I like to use Ceasar's method of a quick touch on the shoulder to pull them out of their inappropriate zone. It works just as good for kids! Lol!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2014, 07:20 AM
MarinaVanessa's Avatar
MarinaVanessa MarinaVanessa is online now
Family Childcare Home
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 7,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post


I AM the Daycare Whisperer! Said in English with a Spanish accent.
That's why I said ORIGINAL, you are the first and official Daycare Whisperer

I know you've responded to a thread for my ADHD DD once a long while back and those few posts helped eliminate mu problems [insert standing ovation emoticon here]
__________________
Daycare Ninja, CA
Helping Hands Childcare
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2014, 07:21 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV View Post
That's why I said ORIGINAL, you are the first and official Daycare Whisperer

I know you've responded to a thread for my ADHD DD once a long while back and those few posts helped eliminate mu problems [insert standing ovation emoticon here]
I own the Trademark Daycare Whisperer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

Wow maybe I need to talk to her lol. I feel bad asking for a rate that is probably to low.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-2014, 02:55 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriftylady View Post
Wow maybe I need to talk to her lol. I feel bad asking for a rate that is probably to low.
I think just about all of us need to talk to her.....lol

No Offense..............
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:00 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriftylady View Post
Wow maybe I need to talk to her lol. I feel bad asking for a rate that is probably to low.
For the low low price of USD$25 I will solve that problem!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:34 PM
KiddieCahoots's Avatar
KiddieCahoots KiddieCahoots is offline
FCC Educator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Utopia
Posts: 1,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
For the low low price of USD$25 I will solve that problem!
In the words of, The Who?
They call that a bargain......the best I ever had.......




Sorry everybody, I'm a little giddy, it's Friday!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:42 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots View Post
In the words of, The Who?
They call that a bargain......the best I ever had.......




Sorry everybody, I'm a little giddy, it's Friday!
He he he

It pays itself off in the first week. I do a TON of money consults and I haven't had a single person not get the consult money back the first week.

It's worth it to have someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight to look over your pricing. Time... money... doesn't take that long to work out. I usually do two to three total half hr sessions because once the changes are worked out then it's time to set up the future money.

I do a current evaluation, then changes, then set up raises. That buys the person a few years unless an odd deal comes up and they need help. I did one yesterday with a client who needed to figure out a rotating part time two kid rate. She spent another 25 to make sure she set it up right and to discuss how to offer it to coworkers of this parent.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

I may consider that eventually. Right now I am just trying to get restarted!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:51 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriftylady View Post
I may consider that eventually. Right now I am just trying to get restarted!
perfect time....this way you know your not making any costly mistakes!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

Yeah, but I need to get some more income coming in before I create anymore outgo. The budget has been squeaky tight for the last couple of years since I haven't been working.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-08-2014, 04:17 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriftylady View Post
Yeah, but I need to get some more income coming in before I create anymore outgo. The budget has been squeaky tight for the last couple of years since I haven't been working.
Not to worry! I'm here if you need me.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-09-2014, 10:18 AM
KidGrind's Avatar
KidGrind KidGrind is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Red, White & Blue
Posts: 1,108
Default I live by you get what you pay for...

I have to agree with the Daycare that NannyDe is an expert in the Daycare arena. Iíll add sheís an expert when it comes to common sense too!

I just had the pleasure of a consult. I have a kid in care that I needed guidance with & NannyDe has given me the tools to navigate his behavior. It was a great learning experience for me and it will be for him too .

Iíd like to share with providers new or old, there is always something to learn. Itís okay to need help or seek out guidance. I am looking forward to implementing my new strategy with the child in question.

Itís important for you to know NannyDe is a straight shooter. She doesnít sugar coat a situation. Being blunt and honest does not equal mean or short in her case. She is very warm, cordial and charming.

If itís in your budget and you need some guidance with a child or your daycare, NannyDe is a great consultant to turn to. Remember to have your pen and paper ready to take notes.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

Being blunt and honest isn't always a bad thing. And sometimes we need someone to tell us what we really don't want to hear. Sometimes we even already know it, but still don't want to hear it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-10-2014, 06:03 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGrind View Post
I have to agree with the Daycare that NannyDe is an expert in the Daycare arena. Iíll add sheís an expert when it comes to common sense too!

I just had the pleasure of a consult. I have a kid in care that I needed guidance with & NannyDe has given me the tools to navigate his behavior. It was a great learning experience for me and it will be for him too .

Iíd like to share with providers new or old, there is always something to learn. Itís okay to need help or seek out guidance. I am looking forward to implementing my new strategy with the child in question.

Itís important for you to know NannyDe is a straight shooter. She doesnít sugar coat a situation. Being blunt and honest does not equal mean or short in her case. She is very warm, cordial and charming.

If itís in your budget and you need some guidance with a child or your daycare, NannyDe is a great consultant to turn to. Remember to have your pen and paper ready to take notes.
Everyone expects my voice to sound like Cruella Deville
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-10-2014, 07:33 AM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
Everyone expects my voice to sound like Cruella Deville
I don't hear many American accidents living in CA so I think when I heard your voice for the first time, I bet she rides horses and wears western boots every day.

I don't know who that it what that other person is that you posted about.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-10-2014, 07:41 AM
KidGrind's Avatar
KidGrind KidGrind is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Red, White & Blue
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
Everyone expects my voice to sound like Cruella Deville
I didnít. I imagined Mary Poppins with a midwestern edge.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-10-2014, 08:06 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
I don't hear many American accidents living in CA so I think when I heard your voice for the first time, I bet she rides horses and wears western boots every day.

I don't know who that it what that other person is that you posted about.
Hey chick. You get my email? Check yer inbox

Cruella is from 101 Dalmatians movie
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Kabob's Avatar
Kabob Kabob is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGrind View Post
I didnít. I imagined Mary Poppins with a midwestern edge.
I always have read nannyde's post with a British accent. Like the lady from Supernanny...even though I know she isn't British. Just that no-nonsense writing style seemed to fit that accent.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Tasha's Avatar
Tasha Tasha is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 656
Default

Have you ever considered writing a book, Nannyde?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 AM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
Hey chick. You get my email? Check yer inbox

Cruella is from 101 Dalmatians movie
Ok. And I still have to square up before we talk today.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-10-2014, 09:54 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
Have you ever considered writing a book, Nannyde?
I might one day. You never know ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-11-2014, 08:44 AM
KidGrind's Avatar
KidGrind KidGrind is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Red, White & Blue
Posts: 1,108
Default

I have the biggest Cruelle DeVille smile on my face right now.

Day 1:

NannyDe you should see the look on his face as I am giving him the instructions. He doesnít know what has hit him.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-11-2014, 09:23 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGrind View Post
I have the biggest Cruelle DeVille smile on my face right now.

Day 1:

NannyDe you should see the look on his face as I am giving him the instructions. He doesnít know what has hit him.


Ohhhhh it makes me LAUGH Wish I could Skype with the little mookster today.

How's the day going lil buddy???? Your Nan Nan is thinking of you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nannyde

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks Again Nannyde MizzCheryl Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 46 11-13-2013 06:47 AM
Nannyde? Josiegirl Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 09-21-2013 09:54 PM
Thanks to Nannyde...... LaLa1923 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 08-05-2013 10:41 AM
SHOUT OUT to Nannyde! Willow Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 05-08-2013 09:21 PM
OT: Great Chance To Live Next To The One And Only Nannyde MsMe Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 06-12-2012 01:32 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:41 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming