Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Mother Goose Time" Curriculum
WAHMderful_Life 12:49 PM 11-17-2014
I saw someone post something about "Mother Goose Time" and I checked it out and loved the look of it. I am currently waiting on one more DCP's input on it as I am going to charge $15 a month per child for a curriculum fee as its going to cost me $90 a month to implement this program. So far everyone is ok with the price yay!

Any ways while I wait I am wondering if anyone one on here can give me some more input into the " Mother Goose Program" and how they like it? how the kids like it? What age/s responds best to it? how do you implement it into your day/whats your routine like? is there a lot of extra supplies or just a few I need to buy in order to run this program? Are the Crafts/Arts really good? any other info you have on it would be great

Thanks
Blackcat31 12:52 PM 11-17-2014
Here are tons of other posts about MGT and whether providers like it or not.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...her+goose+time
WAHMderful_Life 03:04 PM 11-17-2014
Thanks for link
midaycare 05:31 PM 11-17-2014
I need to go back and read those links tonight. I have been thinking of switching from Funshine to MGT.
butterfly 06:51 PM 11-17-2014
I've only ever ordered one year of MGT and then I've reused it on a 3 to 4 year rotation since then, so I haven't ordered in maybe 6 years? but I really liked it. It was kinda costly, but had all the materials that I needed to complete the lessons. (except for glue sticks and markers) Everything was laid out by day and very organized. It took little to no prep time for me to use the curriculum. My kids all loved it and the parents did too.

I know not everyone loves it, but I thought it was worth it especially since I laminated everything and have been able to reuse the materials a couple times so far.

The first year I did it, I had all older 2 year olds and it was a great hit. I can't remember the ages of who was here the second time I used it... If your children are well advanced, you may have to add a little to it to keep them engaged. However, now MGT sells additional supplement books that weren't available when I ordered. Those may be helpful for the more advanced/older kids.
snbauser 04:25 AM 11-18-2014
I use it to supplement my curriculum and have for probably 10 years now. It has changed quite a bit over the years to be more alligned with what is considered developmentally appropriate and to allign more with things like FCCRS. A lot of their things are much more open ended than they were in the past, there are a lot more ideas of how to modify your environment for the theme, observation ideas, etc. Is it expensive? Depends on your take.
blueskiesbutterflies 05:50 AM 11-18-2014
Originally Posted by WAHMderful_Life:
I saw someone post something about "Mother Goose Time" and I checked it out and loved the look of it. I am currently waiting on one more DCP's input on it as I am going to charge $15 a month per child for a curriculum fee as its going to cost me $90 a month to implement this program. So far everyone is ok with the price yay!

Any ways while I wait I am wondering if anyone one on here can give me some more input into the " Mother Goose Program" and how they like it? how the kids like it? What age/s responds best to it? how do you implement it into your day/whats your routine like? is there a lot of extra supplies or just a few I need to buy in order to run this program? Are the Crafts/Arts really good? any other info you have on it would be great

Thanks
I have used both funshine express and Mother Goose. My favorite is the Mother Goose time!!!! The thing is, I saved all my teaching books and just repeated the program after the year was up. It is a little expensive but what I did was take the kids I had and divided it by the cost and the parents paid the extra fee as a preschool cost. It is an amazing program!!!!
NoMoreJuice! 06:54 AM 11-18-2014
I've used MGT for about a year now. In the summer, we played outside in the mornings and did preschool for two hours in the afternoon, but now that it's cold out in the mornings we flip flopped that schedule. From 8:30 to 11 we do the daily MGT curriculum and then practice our writing, sight words, rhyming, tanograms, etc (most in the form of games from Lakeshore). I'm very confident that my 4/5 yo kids are ready for kindergarten, and we still have 9 months to go!

MGT comes with great lessons, but I believe it's only one piece of the puzzle in a well rounded preschool curriculum. It does expose the kids to neat themes and concepts, then it's up to you how far to take them. I would happily recommend it to anyone for the convenience and creativeness.
Stepping 01:05 PM 11-21-2014
I switched from funshine to mgt and love it!

I keep all the craft instructions and other supplies and will use them again on a 2 year rotation. I find it works best with my over 3's. I only buy for half my group as there is usually too much to fit in a day. Over the course of the week everyone completes at least half of that week's activities.

It has saved a lot of time looking for theme ideas and prepping crafts.
lovemykidstoo 10:48 AM 11-22-2014
I've used both MGT and Funshine. The problem I had with both was that the lessons and activities were based on a 5 day a week program I felt. I have most kids either 2 or 3 days a week. So, how do you use the program if that's your case? I found I had to repeat the same thing a couple times a week and therefore had alot of extra supplies when the month was done because I didn't have time to do all the activities.
Tags:mother goose time
Reply Up