Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Video Surveillance Consent
Unregistered 05:16 PM 06-04-2018
My childcare installed video surveillance without consulting the parents or requesting consent. They routinely send Home consent form for any photos or even the use of a shared password protected site such as Shutterfly to share photos with the parents. Now, there was no notification or permission requested. My enrollment paperwork stated nothing about video surveillance: only still photos.
Unregistered 05:20 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My childcare installed video surveillance without consulting the parents or requesting consent. They routinely send Home consent form for any photos or even the use of a shared password protected site such as Shutterfly to share photos with the parents. Now, there was no notification or permission requested. My enrollment paperwork stated nothing about video surveillance: only still photos.
My question is whether they can do this?
hwichlaz 08:21 PM 06-04-2018
Ofcourse they can. It’s just like the video cameras at the grocery store. They aren’t going to be published, it’s for the protection of everyone. Any one on the street can take video or a pic of you, the only place you have the right to privacy are in places that you’d normally expect it. Bathroom stalls, dressing rooms, your own home behind drawn curtains.

Now, if you accuse her of abusing your child, she has video to show the investigator. It’s a win win for everyone.
nannyde 04:53 AM 06-05-2018
Are they making the video feed available to other parents? If not, then I don't see why they would need to inform you or get consent. Cameras are a good thing. They can be very helpful in supervising staff and children.
Tags:cctv, video monitors
Reply Up