Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Eating Pea Gravel
Unregistered 07:17 AM 10-21-2008
I am living in Arkansas and the daycare that my child attends has pea gravel on the play ground. My son is a year old. And in the state guidlines it say that Children under 3; play area should not be covered in pea gravel. My son is eating pea gravel and we are having bloody stools. I have told the daycare owner not to let him go out side because of this problem. Yet I go pick him up and he is out side. They tell me that he hasn't ate any gravel but I still have to help him poop it (gravel) out. How do I go about reporting this to the state??
Unregistered 01:25 PM 10-21-2008
I think that i would continue to push the issue with the daycare director. If it against state guidelines then they would have not been able to get there licesenceing and there are state guidelines about taking daycare children out to play everyday. If your son is have bloody stools then get him to the doctor and get some documation that states that this child is having this problem because of the gravel. I know what you are talking about cause i have a daycare child that eats everything!
Reply Up