Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Technology Use Form
284878 09:16 PM 08-08-2020
Any of you allow any of your DCK to use any kind of technology? Do you have the parents (and child) sign a permission form that you would be willing to share?

I have one SA DCB and DD that will possible need to do online schooling in my home this year. I plan to have a laptop and headphones for him to use for Zoom at his required class time. I want to make sure he understands that what he uses is not toys but tools for his education.
springv 08:28 AM 08-09-2020
We have three computers at our center as well as headphones and they all have games on them but the children have pretty much destroyed them as well as people who rented the gym and allowed their children to use the computers even if we have a sign posted on them....
Cat Herder 04:16 AM 08-10-2020
I really did not think to ask permission.

I have it listed in my "Curriculum" section that we do 20 minutes per week screen time, then listed the programs (T4L, K12) and general genre of videos (PBS, EDU) at enrollment. I also do the occasional kid movie/cartoon during storms to ease the anxiety and fear.

I guess I will need to get permission to add a program if I change it at all. I found these free pg movie consent forms on TPT. I will most likely use one of these and edit as needed. - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/...mission%20slip
284878 06:53 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I really did not think to ask permission.

I have it listed in my "Curriculum" section that we do 20 minutes per week screen time, then listed the programs (T4L, K12) and general genre of videos (PBS, EDU) at enrollment. I also do the occasional kid movie/cartoon during storms to ease the anxiety and fear.

I guess I will need to get permission to add a program if I change it at all. I found these free pg movie consent forms on TPT. I will most likely use one of these and edit as needed. - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/...mission%20slip
The school makes parents sign a form for the computer lab before school starts, so I figured I would need one. I want to use it for online use and computer, I would have never thought to use it for tv, since the state allows 2 hours per day. Online school maybe more than two hours.

I did let the parents know that we are now watching go potty go (because I am sick of changing diapers on the older kids). But mostly they don't watch TV here.

I do like the movie permission slip. I wish DD school let us know the title of the movies the kids watch.
Mariposa 10:14 AM 08-10-2020
I have a once of month 30-60 minute electronic time (I have older kids. Electronics arent just tablets and such-last time a parent had their child bring an electronic horse or something) and my policies state my TV Use in the house (occasional movie like once a month at most, youtube video that gives with out curriculum).
I will know if someone doesn't agree-they don't have to provide electronics. I won't force a child to watch something, but I won't actively say "mom and dad said no" -those people can go elsewhere. But on electronic day parents can choose.
When I was in a center I did not let kids watch an older kid's game if it contained violence (because that parent approved their kid to play the game, the other parent did not) if they did not play the game themselves or were younger school-agers. I knew my families well and never had an issue.

If they are that strongly against it they can go elsewhere-they will have other things to take issue with.

Many parents throw tv's and tablets in front of their kid, anyway. Nothing new.

I also allow music anytime with headphones-they have to set it on a playlist to limit screen time. But we have Alexa on all day, too, so nobody uses the music option.
Tags:k12, permission slips, technology, time4learning
Reply Up