Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Redoing Contract And Raising Rates?
juliebug 02:17 PM 06-20-2013
So i have to rewrite my contracts because the state has new rules that came out. I have to include in my contract daily schedule, disaster procedures, and a few other things. I also would like to take this opportunity to raise my rates by $5 a week.

I have to take many new classes, do a few different things because of these news rules so i think it is time. i have not raised my rates in 4 years!

so my question is how would you go about explaining this to parents? i sure some with balk about the price. I was thinking of giving out contract after july 4th weekend and make them be affective Aug12th as that is the first day of school around here.

I am not worried about loosing family i will then have infant spots open that i could fill very very quickly.
Thanks for your help
Cat Herder 04:59 PM 06-20-2013
I have learned to treat rate increases for parents the same way I treat introducing new foods for infants.

Just put it in there, act like it is common and no big deal... then it will be.

The more you try to explain, the more suspicious they get.
Starburst 07:27 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have learned to treat rate increases for parents the same way I treat introducing new foods for infants.

Just put it in there, act like it is common and no big deal... then it will be.

The more you try to explain, the more suspicious they get.
that's good advice

I plan on raising my rates every year or 2 by 4% (I plan on starting on the lower end of the tuition spectrum).
Tags:contract, raising rates
Reply Up