Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Creative Storage For Stackable Cots?
Footprints 09:40 AM 08-12-2013
I have eight stackable preschool cots. My home is small and I am trying to use all available space. I hate the stack of cots just sitting there when not in use. Does anyone have a creative storage solution?
MsLaura529 10:04 AM 08-12-2013
I have heard of some people throwing a car blanket (like the play rugs, only in blanket style) over the pile. Or, they sell dry-erase and chalkboard things that you can actually attach to the pile.
Brooksie 10:33 AM 08-12-2013
I have mine standing up vertically, stacked and wedged between the wall and the end of the changing table. When its nap time, I slide the changing table 4 inches to the right and slide them out one by one. It only takes up about a 1.5 ft from the wall and extends out just as far as the changing table so I'm really not losing any space.
snbauser 10:34 AM 08-12-2013
Nothing creative but I stack them on their ends so they take up less room. I also put them in a corner that I don't want the kids to play in at the bottom of my stairs.
Brooksie 10:39 AM 08-12-2013
DSC05794.jpg
(2 of the cots are being used atm)

Most people don't even notice them there and they are very secure. This was approved by licensing.
Attached:
Footprints 01:19 PM 08-12-2013
You barley see them. Thanks for the photo.
mamac 04:19 PM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Attachment 1887

Most people don't even notice them there and they are very secure. This was approved by licensing.
Ooh. Are those gray? I like the color. They blend right in with the room. Mine are bright blue and they really stick out. They are behind a door in the corner so it's really not that bad though. Plus at $5 each I didn't really care what color they were!
Cradle2crayons 04:28 PM 08-12-2013
I wanted cots but I ended up getting 8 of those 3 inch thick nap mats from my NHI sponsor... Which is a problem because I only have three kids using them and I have NOWHERE to out the mats. They don't fold and stack well, at least not the three inch lol

Not that I'm not grateful for the free mats. They are thick and cushy.

But after the 18 wheeler delivered 47 boxes, most of em the size of my truck last week, I'm at a HUGE HUGE HUGE loss of storage ideas lol.

I NEEEEEEEEEEEED HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP (sorry to hijack)
Crazy8 04:29 PM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Attachment 1887

hmmm... this might work for me. I haven't switched from the tri-fold mats to cots because I just don't know where I would put them. I keep the mats on the 2 shelves of the changing table. I only need 4 cots so could probably pull the changing table out a little and keep them there!
Brooksie 07:10 PM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by Footprints:
You barley see them. Thanks for the photo.
any time
Brooksie 07:23 PM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
Ooh. Are those gray? I like the color. They blend right in with the room. Mine are bright blue and they really stick out. They are behind a door in the corner so it's really not that bad though. Plus at $5 each I didn't really care what color they were!
Mine were free. I got really lucky. lol My mom is the Early Child Care coordinator for a neighboring county and works with the Judy Center/Head start and they downsized and had a ton just sitting in storage. They're in great shape but were probably once a lot brighter than they are now.

Its funny, my boyfriend just moved in this weekend and he came downstairs during nap time and checked in on the kids and said "aww they've got their own little beds" (normally he just see's the pnps set up). He asked me when I got those and I was just kind of like... uh... they've always been here. HE didn't even notice them lol!
Starburst 07:47 PM 08-12-2013
At the home daycare I used to work at she didn't have stackable mats, just regular folding mats, but she had about 15 mats. Anyway, most of her daycare space was an addition to her house that her 2nd husband built and she also had a spare bathtub in the daycare bathroom so she used the tub to put all of her mats.

Some other Ideas:
-You can try putting them under a crib or bed (might only be able to put a few under)
-If you have any closets you can place them vertically or horizontally (depending on space)
-Behind the couch (if there is a space between the couch and the wall)
-Maybe get a bathroom towel wall rack and place it up high and hang the mats from there (may need to reinforce or have some type of sack to put them in)
mamac 08:28 PM 08-12-2013
For those with mats: How about sewing a loop at one end to hang them in a similar fashion as a standing cot? Would that work?
originalkat 06:02 AM 08-13-2013
I also stack mine vertically in a closet. It saves on space and works out pretty well.
WImom 06:41 AM 08-13-2013
My husband made me a cabinet that I use for toy storage on top as well as a center divider. We just hung fabric in front of it and cots can just wheel out at nap.
Attached: IMG_1852smallcircle.jpg (90.1 KB) 
butterfly 08:00 AM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by WImom:
My husband made me a cabinet that I use for toy storage on top as well as a center divider. We just hung fabric in front of it and cots can just wheel out at nap.

sahm1225 04:17 PM 08-13-2013
oh! Wimom, I Love what your husband built for you!! . How do you wheel them out though? I was thinking of getting those thick car blankets/throws to toss over them to make it look a little bit better. We have 10 cots and use all of them almost every day... standing up to stack takes up the same amount of room.
I currently have them behind our climber, so a wall that wouldn't be used too much anywya
WImom 11:07 AM 08-14-2013
When I bought them (discount school supply) I also bought a cot holder with wheels.
Kim 11:49 AM 08-14-2013
I have 8 of the stackable cots and put this on top. I used to have it on my coffee table when my own kids were little and I'm glad I didn't throw it out. I have the city one and the kids like driving cars and trains on it. I've never used the other side with markers though because I don't want them to get confused and write with markers on any of my other furniture!
http://www.abcfunpads.com/table-covers
butterfly 12:29 PM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by Kim:
I have 8 of the stackable cots and put this on top. I used to have it on my coffee table when my own kids were little and I'm glad I didn't throw it out. I have the city one and the kids like driving cars and trains on it. I've never used the other side with markers though because I don't want them to get confused and write with markers on any of my other furniture!
http://www.abcfunpads.com/table-covers

preschool5 06:38 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by WImom:
I've been wanting to make something like the cabinet your husband made. Was it pretty easy to make? Would you mind sending the directions?
Blackcat31 06:45 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by preschool5:
I've been wanting to make something like the cabinet your husband made. Was it pretty easy to make? Would you mind sending the directions?
Sorry this thread is several years old.
WImom hasn’t been online for a few years now.

I’d look on-line ... I’m sure there are a ton of ideas/plans on Pinterest
Tags:cot - storage, cots, storage
Reply Up