Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>what to do?!
Unregistered 08:23 AM 02-02-2015
I have had a family of 2 for 2 years. I was to have the 3rd child(infant) but decided to have family member watch. They do realize and signed termination spot for infant. I have had call for the infant spot but as we all know usually comes with sibs. I really don't have spot for extra kids from the new call family but also would like to fill my infant spot. How would you handle this. You don't want to throw out your family but they also left me with spot open - etc. Hard to explain this all....Im sure you understand. Would love answers! Thanks
SquirrellyMama 08:28 AM 02-02-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have had a family of 2 for 2 years. I was to have the 3rd child(infant) but decided to have family member watch. They do realize and signed termination spot for infant. I have had call for the infant spot but as we all know usually comes with sibs. I really don't have spot for extra kids from the new call family but also would like to fill my infant spot. How would you handle this. You don't want to throw out your family but they also left me with spot open - etc. Hard to explain this all....Im sure you understand. Would love answers! Thanks
Have you offered the spot to the new family yet? If not, offer it to them and see if they'll take it without room for the sibs.

Kelly
Unregistered 08:35 AM 02-02-2015
I talked to them about it and it might be a possibility. The thing is - I guess I just need to talk with my family and ask them if I fill their infant spot would they pull out their 2 kids. That way I could offer the family of 3 in. Does that sound like a fair thing to do? I have never been in a situation like this so I want to be fair. Thanks
Annalee 08:51 AM 02-02-2015
I talked to them about it and it might be a possibility. The thing is - I guess I just need to talk with my family and ask them if I fill their infant spot would they pull out their 2 kids. That way I could offer the family of 3 in. Does that sound like a fair thing to do? I have never been in a situation like this so I want to be fair. Thanks
Having a family with 3 siblings can be rough if they decide to leave....I don't think I would terminate to accommodate 3 but I have had 3 siblings due to the family expanding throughout the years...
CraftyMom 09:03 AM 02-02-2015
It wouldn't hurt to ask, but wording will be important so they don't think you are wanting to get rid of them. Maybe something like "I totally understand your decision to have family watch the baby. I'm just wondering if xxx and xxx will also be staying with family or if they will remain here? I would love to have them stay here, but if they are leaving I just want to be prepared"
Unregistered 09:37 AM 02-02-2015
Yes, thank you for those words!! Its a hard thing to do and ask and come up with the right words. They just didn't know how long they wanted family to watch infant, and this only came up weeks before infant was to start. It was a little upsetting knowing I had turned down previous calls because I was to have the 3rd child here. They completely understand I cant hold the infant spot and only hope I don't fill it. But then again I get these calls and its just not for an infant add a sib or two and really don't need extra kids if they plan to keep their two here and find other care for baby. So I guess I am answering my own questions (haha) but love the feedback!!
AmyKidsCo 01:33 PM 02-02-2015
If they signed a termination slip for the infant and aren't paying to hold the spot it's not "their infant spot" anymore. It WAS their spot until they signed the termination notice, but not anymore.

ITA you should ask what their plans are for the older ones, then make plans accordingly.
Reply Up