Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I try again?
Shell 04:09 AM 02-03-2015
I recently termed a family with 2 kids. I thought I would be ok without the income, but I really could use one more dc kid. It's not a necessity though, just would be nice.
Anyway, one of my long standing dcm's has a friend that is looking for pt for her 2 yr old. It would be a good fit, as I could use a break from all the babies I've had lately.
Two Fridays ago, this dcm was supposed to pop by, somewhat informally with the dcm I mentioned above. That's not really how I interview- I like to be more formal with a sit down and going over of phb- but I said fine because I could use the enrollment. So of course, no show. My dcm says, "sorry, something happened with her older child at school, but she'll come next Friday".
The next Friday, same story, same excuse.
It stresses me out having to make sure everything is tidy (it always is, just more so for an interview) and I stress like crazy before these meetings- just to have her blow them off.
Dh says no more- she's shown she's not really serious, and don't waste time with this one. I think I agree.
Would you interview if she tries again, and if not, how would you tell my dcm that it's not going to happen? TIA.
sahm1225 04:46 AM 02-03-2015
I would schedule a formal interview, not just a pop in and go from there. Talk to her on the phone and explain the interview process. You could start with 'I believe we got off on the wrong foot with not having a set interview time and I would like to fix that.'

The potential mom is blowing off the informal interview but in her mind it's probably more of a try and stop by and not an actual appointment. If she blows off a formal interview that you have both agreed to and confirmed, then don't reschedule.
Controlled Chaos 06:49 AM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I would schedule a formal interview, not just a pop in and go from there. Talk to her on the phone and explain the interview process. You could start with 'I believe we got off on the wrong foot with not having a set interview time and I would like to fix that.'

The potential mom is blowing off the informal interview but in her mind it's probably more of a try and stop by and not an actual appointment. If she blows off a formal interview that you have both agreed to and confirmed, then don't reschedule.
yep schedule a formal interview. Make expectations clear.
laundrymom 06:59 AM 02-03-2015
Let them know that you're scheduling interviews for your open position ask if they'd like to have one of the interview positions and let them know you'll be choosing new families from the ones who interview. Gives them the knowledge that they are not the only fish in the sea and that they may lose their spot if they don't jump on the chance.
Heidi 08:08 AM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Let them know that you're scheduling interviews for your open position ask if they'd like to have one of the interview positions and let them know you'll be choosing new families from the ones who interview. Gives them the knowledge that they are not the only fish in the sea and that they may lose their spot if they don't jump on the chance.
oh, I like that!
Reply Up