Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Managing crazy
Janiam 07:19 PM 02-11-2015
I had to term a DCM after months of trying to manage her crazy morning dropoffs. She has complained about a few kids and went as far as going to another parents work and having her dd say something to the other parent. I should have termed then but decided I can't control things outside of DC.
Well her latest complaint and total lie crossed the line. It was about another child and honestly I am thankful it wasn't about my family, nonetheless, it was serious enough to term. Of course when I termed she changed her story to something even worse so I had to report to my licensor and CPS. This has been so stressful. I know this DCM needs alot of attention but WTH, how can you do this to people! I am covering my own butt with reporting, but waiting for inspection and whatever else just sucks.
hope 02:54 AM 02-12-2015
How did she know we'd here the other parent worked?

Wow, sorry you are going through this. Sounds like dcm's destructive path is on to her next target. This job has opened my eyes to a whole new level of crazy.
Janiam 05:28 AM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
How did she know we'd here the other parent worked?

Wow, sorry you are going through this. Sounds like dcm's destructive path is on to her next target. This job has opened my eyes to a whole new level of crazy.
DCM had a retail job where a lot of people shop. She could walk there from DC and a few times DCM1 offered her a ride. Then would turn around and complain to me that her child was being mean to her DD . Mean being chasing, growling and not sharing. I'm trying to figure out why she did these things? Was it for attention for herself or her child?
Blackcat31 05:37 AM 02-12-2015
Attention.

That is the number one goal for some people and they will go to great lengths to be part of, the cause of it or just in the middle of it.

Report, document and stay out of the rest of it.

It is HER issue. As long as you are doing what you need to be doing, I wouldn't worry one more second about her issues.

Usually people like that have a tough time keeping their crazy tucked in and others notice.
......before too long she will move onto bigger and more dramatic issues if you just refuse to play.

She's termed, you reported....she is crazy, you are out.

Count your blessings that she is no longer your crazy to manage.
Janiam 05:52 AM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Attention.

That is the number one goal for some people and they will go to great lengths to be part of, the cause of it or just in the middle of it.

Report, document and stay out of the rest of it.

It is HER issue. As long as you are doing what you need to be doing, I wouldn't worry one more second about her issues.

Usually people like that have a tough time keeping their crazy tucked in and others notice.
......before too long she will move onto bigger and more dramatic issues if you just refuse to play.

She's termed, you reported....she is crazy, you are out.

Count your blessings that she is no longer your crazy to manage.
I agree with all of this. Trust me... I am so thankful to have her out of my house. I didn't realize how much time and energy she was sucking out of me. I guess after twenty years in this job I still try to look not at what people do... but the reasons why they do them. I have learned an important lesson here in not trying to manage DCP's crazy. It could have cost my family dearly. I still have an obligation to protect the child she accused, he so did not deserve this.
Blackcat31 06:03 AM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by Janiam:
I agree with all of this. Trust me... I am so thankful to have her out of my house. I didn't realize how much time and energy she was sucking out of me. I guess after twenty years in this job I still try to look not at what people do... but the reasons why they do them. I have learned an important lesson here in not trying to manage DCP's crazy. It could have cost my family dearly. I still have an obligation to protect the child she accused, he so did not deserve this.
I think that is important to recognize.

After dealing with something day in and day out over and over, you lose sight of the big picture because the "sucking" is so slow and tiny that we rarely notice how bad it truly is until it blows up and then we look back and realize just how crystal clear hindsight is.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.... keep your head up and know that karma WILL find her....someday, some way.
Reply Up