Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Naptimes Pass Too Quickly...
DCMomOf3 01:04 PM 08-11-2010
I'm just sayin'...
kitkat 01:34 PM 08-11-2010
I hear ya!
DanceMom 01:41 PM 08-11-2010
So true...I live for naptime
Abigail 02:36 PM 08-11-2010
It is nice though when everyone goes to bed around the same time. Tomorrow starts my week of arriving at dc at the end of lunch. Sometimes the older kids take turns....can I go to the bathroom? It is always with about 15 kids in the same room and I'm always repeating myself....walls are not for feet.......you need to lay quietly, nap time is not over......please sit down on your cot, you can not rest while standing......you just went to the bathroom (it's only ten feet away, but still).......it will cool down when you fall asleep..........don't worry about so-and-so, they are not listening so you should be a good role model and listen............SERIOUSLY, somedays it takes 30 minutes before they're out and other days you didn't have enough time to lay out the cots! ha ha
professionalmom 07:13 PM 08-12-2010
What I used to love was when I could get 5 or 6 children all asleep at the same time, finish all my paperwork and such, then I would go and update my facebook status. My family and friends would respond, "how did you do THAT?" or call me supermom or something. It sure feels great.
Former Teacher 07:31 PM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
What I used to love was when I could get 5 or 6 children all asleep at the same time, finish all my paperwork and such, then I would go and update my facebook status. My family and friends would respond, "how did you do THAT?" or call me supermom or something. It sure feels great.
Oh I know what you mean!

My current family thinks I am supernanny because of the fact that I get one 2 year old boy and a 3 month old baby down for a nap at the same time!
MyAngels 08:42 PM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
Oh I know what you mean!

My current family thinks I am supernanny because of the fact that I get one 2 year old boy and a 3 month old baby down for a nap at the same time!
Gotta love this, right? I love the look of disbelief when a parent will ask me how I manage to get the kids to sleep all at the same time, all in the same room and I tell them - I simply read a quiet book, shut off the lights, and say "sleep tight sweeties."
Abigail 11:22 PM 08-12-2010
Today was day one of five where I arrive at daycare just before nap time. It really took the kids an HOUR to clean up! They just didn't listen because the main operator of the daycare is on vacation. So frustrating! We layed out cots at 12:45 pm even though they never finished cleaning up. It was 2:30 before most kids fell asleep!!!! THEN, one mom came at 3:00 to get her daughter and got mad because she was still sleeping, she JUST fell asleep...then the mom demanded we stop everything with the other dozen children waking up and serving them snack and doing potty breaks to give her daughter a snack-on-the-go.

This is one of the reasons I want my own daycare. If your child leaves before snack, they can not have snack....does that sound fair? The two of us working with these 12-18 kids daily are very new and I don't know what kids belong to what parents, LOL.
professionalmom 07:33 PM 08-14-2010
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Gotta love this, right? I love the look of disbelief when a parent will ask me how I manage to get the kids to sleep all at the same time, all in the same room and I tell them - I simply read a quiet book, shut off the lights, and say "sleep tight sweeties."
Hehe! My trick was to give them plenty to eat, clean them up (I cleaned their messes and dishes when they napped), then diaper changes / potty time, then story time as they drift off to sleepyville. I had a family of 2 girls that would be out before I finished the first page! And for the babies who were on purees, they got their formula after their meal, so between the food and warm milk ... they didn't stand a chance! This plan worked even better when the meal consisted of something with pasta or chicken (heavier food with more tryptophan). It's like natures sleeping pill. If that wasn't working, we'd do some strenuous physical activity (dancing, exercising, etc.) right before lunch.
professionalmom 07:37 PM 08-14-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Today was day one of five where I arrive at daycare just before nap time. It really took the kids an HOUR to clean up! They just didn't listen because the main operator of the daycare is on vacation. So frustrating! We layed out cots at 12:45 pm even though they never finished cleaning up. It was 2:30 before most kids fell asleep!!!! THEN, one mom came at 3:00 to get her daughter and got mad because she was still sleeping, she JUST fell asleep...then the mom demanded we stop everything with the other dozen children waking up and serving them snack and doing potty breaks to give her daughter a snack-on-the-go.

This is one of the reasons I want my own daycare. If your child leaves before snack, they can not have snack....does that sound fair? The two of us working with these 12-18 kids daily are very new and I don't know what kids belong to what parents, LOL.
Uh, no. Parents were never allowed to dictate the schedule in my daycare. For the ones who tried, I advised them that I have to design a schedule to fit ALL the children and that if they want their child on a specific or "special" schedule, then group child care is not right for them, but then they would have to pay a higher price for a babysitter or nanny. So I would simply tell them that it's my schedule (based on the needs of the GROUP) or more cost to them for a nanny (but not me).
Tags:naptime
Reply Up