Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Shrill Screecher
cheerfuldom 12:09 PM 08-19-2011
Does anyone have any ideas for this? I have a 9 month old girl (almost 10 month old) that squeals VERY loud and shrill while playing. We have battled crying before naps in the past and that cry was like a siren, enough to ring your bells if you know what I am talking about. So the naps are under control and most ways, she is a pretty easy kiddo to take care of. But the random screeching is driving me crazy. She squeals at random and makes the other kids cry or wakes up the nappers. She also has a similar noise when she doesn't get what she wants, usually if something has been taken away from her. The second isn't super often but the random times for no reason is pretty constant at this point. There is no trigger, that is just how she plays from what I am seeing. Since it was so disruptive today, I was putting her in a separate room in a pack n play to play by herself when she started up. Then I would bring her out and she would stop for a bit and then start over later. I don't know what else to do and at this point, it is really causing an issue. Like I said, she has always been super loud and shrill and I have had her since she was a newborn so I don't know if there is anything I can even do about this. I know her mom is getting sick of it too and would do something different if I had any ideas.
dEHmom 05:51 AM 08-25-2011
Wow, I've been where you are...

In my home the only place I had was a pnp, so everytime there was the scream, whether it was happy or mad (depending on the age too of course), I placed dcg in the playpen, when she stopped i'd take her out. When she did it again, I placed her in, and so forth. She did this the first few days I had her, till I tried the pnp thing, and she never made that noise again!
christinaskids 08:58 AM 08-25-2011
I have a new 4 year old that does this also for attention and I have been putting him in the other room for a minute or two when he does this and it has been getting better. I also have a 9 month old boy that has a shrill scream too. He is just a sensitive guy so I dont think isolating him will help since that is just the way he cries.
Tags:loud, screamer, screeching
Reply Up