Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toilet and Sink Dimensions????
ymalayeva 06:06 AM 11-05-2011
Hi All, Can someone please tell me what are the exact sink and toilet dimensions a childcare has to have installed??? Thank you
laundrymom 06:45 AM 11-05-2011
I'm thinking a standard sized set would be fine?
PitterPatter 07:50 AM 11-05-2011
Originally Posted by ymalayeva:
Hi All, Can someone please tell me what are the exact sink and toilet dimensions a childcare has to have installed??? Thank you
I didn't install anything special, just our standard bathroom here. I do supply stepping stools but that's it. I don't think that is a requirement, yet! Don't give them any ideas!
ymalayeva 03:25 PM 11-05-2011
I am in NYC, not sure where you guys are? But here in NYC, they require installing a child size toilet and sink. Thank you guys for responding.
Sprouts 06:58 AM 11-07-2011
Is this for a center or a home daycare?

I am in Rockland County by the way =)
melskids 08:16 AM 11-07-2011
i think NYC regs are different than those of us upstate. I know i didnt need to install any child size bathrrom fixtures, and the center i worked in didnt have child size bathrooms either.
Crazy8 10:57 AM 11-07-2011
I am in NYC, not sure where you guys are? But here in NYC, they require installing a child size toilet and sink. Thank you guys for responding.
In a home daycare?? that's crazy! I'm in NJ - tried to look up NY regs but don't see anything specific to NYC.
PitterPatter 11:00 AM 11-07-2011
For a home daycare? Pardon my french but that would leave my family without a pot to pizz in. I could see us trying to squat over a kids toilet.
Tags:layout, layout - bathoom, toilet
Reply Up