Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Demanding voicemail
Meeko 06:12 AM 03-17-2015
My family and I had a good laugh at a voice mail I received last night...

I close at 6PM. I had a ton of errands etc to do and then had dinner with my family. I had turned off my phone so we would not be disturbed. I checked it before we went to bed.

A call had come in 6:17PM and she left a VM. She was obviously annoyed that nobody had answered (I guess we're all supposed to be hovering over our phones 24/7)

She said she had heard good things about me and that I needed to call her back IMMEDIATELY. She needed to set up a time to interview me on Friday night as she needed daycare ASAP. She would need a complete tour and to please be sure to have all paperwork and references available for her to review.

The woman had just TOLD me that I was to give up my Friday night to be "interviewed"

Needless to say, I didn't call her back!!

I found an e-mail this morning. Just as pompous and self-important as her vm.

So I sent one back and told her I was completely full and not accepting any more applicants at the moment. (My husband was rolling....saying she'll hate being referred to as an applicant!)

I told her I would be happy to put her on our call list. If anything comes available, I call everyone on the list, meet with all families and then decide which family I think would be the best fit for my program.

She'll hate it....but that was the point!
Thriftylady 06:17 AM 03-17-2015
ROFL!!! It kills me how some people think it is all about them.
Rockgirl 06:27 AM 03-17-2015
Love your response! I'd love to hear her reply, if there is one.

I had a former neighbor (teenager when we were neighbors) contact me on Facebook last Spring, asking about a spot for August. She waited about two hours before sending another message, sounding impatient. I called her and explained that I was on vacation and could arrange a meeting the following week. She asked a few questions, then said, "So you're closed this week? What do the parents do when you're off? I mean...people are COUNTING on you!" The child is not enrolled in my daycare.
AuntTami 06:28 AM 03-17-2015
Some people really chap my buns!! You're a BUSINESS! What makes her think she gets to dictate anything about said business?

From the voicemail and email, I wouldn't even offer to put her on my wait list. It would just be a waste of time/space for me as id never take a family that acted that way!
Rockgirl 06:31 AM 03-17-2015
Wasn't there a provider on here that was doing an interview, and a parent asked, "Who is interviewing who?" or something like that?
Thriftylady 06:31 AM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Some people really chap my buns!! You're a BUSINESS! What makes her think she gets to dictate anything about said business?

From the voicemail and email, I wouldn't even offer to put her on my wait list. It would just be a waste of time/space for me as id never take a family that acted that way!
I was guessing the offer to put on the wait list was an empty offer lol. More like put on the "never enroll" list!
Meeko 06:51 AM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I was guessing the offer to put on the wait list was an empty offer lol. More like put on the "never enroll" list!
Oh yeah! She went on our "never ever" list!!!
Shell 07:07 AM 03-17-2015
that's just awesome!
Gemma 09:57 AM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
ROFL!!! It kills me how some people think it is all about them.

Reply Up