Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paid Vacation?
Jenniferdawn 08:20 PM 11-05-2011
I know this question has probably ben asked several times, but I haven't been able to find it n the search. I am writing my handbook right now. I am going to take 2 weeks paid vacation, but I can't decide whether or not I should give the kids families a week or two of vacation free of charge. What do you do?
Michael 11:51 PM 11-05-2011
Maybe you'll find it in these earlier threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...paid+vacations
MARSTELAC 04:07 AM 11-06-2011
I am taking 10 paid days this year (some regular and some holidays) and 10 unpaid. I sent a list home of almost all of those days...I will need to add some to total the 20 but not sure what the rest of them are at this time. I have decided not to give parents any unpaid days off. This is a change from what I have done in the past. I have not heard any complaints about it as of yet.
mismatchedsocks 07:11 AM 11-06-2011
I take one week unpaid a year, then I give them 5 personal days ( if they are fulltime). They can choose to use this for one full week of vacation, with ample notice, or they can use them sporadically for sick days.
Tags:paid vacations
Reply Up