Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When did you start advertising
yodaone 07:17 AM 07-29-2015
Hello, newbie here! I'm in the planning stages for my daycare. I'm currently a teacher for the public schools. I'm having my 4th baby in late October and plan to start my dc shortly after baby arrives. My question is... when should I start advertising for my dc? I'm thinking I would like to be open by mid-December, earlier if possible. Thanks!
Shell 11:38 AM 07-29-2015
I guess it all depends on how long of a maternity leave you plan on taking.

If you want to start dc before you have your baby, then start advertising now. If you get enough kids in before, the parents might be open to taking a week or two off for your maternity leave.

Otherwise, I would suggest advertising 1-2 months before you open. I held a spot for an infant for six months before I opened! They were my first clients.

Good Luck!
Blackcat31 11:42 AM 07-29-2015
It also depends on your area/state.

Some are not allowed to advertise until licencing (if required) is complete and you are ready to open.

Some states/areas require your license number be posted on ALL advertising materials

Other areas have no rules/regulatins about advertising.

Id check with your state regulations and then decide.
yodaone 01:19 PM 07-29-2015
Thank you for the suggestions. I didn't even think about the state regulating when or how I can advertise. I will definitely be looking into that! Thanks!
Reply Up