Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>why lie?
hope 05:11 AM 08-25-2015
I had an interview last night that left me confused and was hoping maybe you ladies can help me figure this one out.

Dcm came to interview for an infant spot. Some things that seemed odd...
Every time I asked a question about the baby the Dcm would answer but then turn the conversation back around to herself. It seemed like she was here for a job interview and nothing seemed to add up. She said both her and her husband were private chefs for wealthy families. Her DH worked in the Hamptons and she said he lived there for the summer and came home one or two days a week. But then she said later on that maybe dcd would be dropping off every morning? She said he also owned his own contracting company and she owned her own wedding catering company on top of their full time jobs. She name dropped many celebrity names that she was a chef for. It all seemed over the top. She talked at length abouth their lavish vacactions and basically bragging about their wealth yet she lives in an area that that doesn't seem to be the norm at all. I am not judging. She works in a town about a half hour from my home and her home is in a completely different direction. I don't see how my location would work at all for her. When I asked why she didn't put her infant in the same preschool as her sibling she said the infant rate has raised by $400 a month and she can't see paying that for an infant that sleeps all day. For that remark alone I would pass but it still boggles my mind why this woman came for an interview amd why she seemed to tell such tall tales. It is really leaving me uneasy. Any thoughts?
Shell 05:22 AM 08-25-2015
Wow, that's odd.

I was at first thinking maybe she's going to open a daycare herself, and is trying to get the scoop on how it all works?

This one has me scratching my head, I'm not sure why someone would do all of this? Definitely pass
KidGrind 05:23 AM 08-25-2015
She could be crazy and needed someone to listen to her bullish!t.
She reminds me of a neighbor I had who stalked me.
She could be casing your home.
She could be trying to con you in the future.

I would NOT open my front door for her ever again.
I would also if she called refuse service.
nanglgrl 06:18 AM 08-25-2015
Didn't Nanny Dee talk about this kind of parent in her book? The attention seeking parent I think it was called. The waste a lot of providers' time by "interviewing" but really they are just going to their homes and basically talking about themselves and getting full attention from another adult or something like that.
Play Care 06:32 AM 08-25-2015
Just odd.

I wonder if there is some mental illness or narcissism?
nannyde 07:03 AM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Didn't Nanny Dee talk about this kind of parent in her book? The attention seeking parent I think it was called. The waste a lot of providers' time by "interviewing" but really they are just going to their homes and basically talking about themselves and getting full attention from another adult or something like that.
Yup PASS Parental Attention Seeking Syndrome
hope 07:17 AM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Yup PASS Parental Attention Seeking Syndrome
I think you are right! It was a strange thing to witness.
Reply Up