Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Play Structure / Climber
daycare 08:59 AM 11-24-2015
I really really want to get a play structure or climber for my daycare. I have been looking at getting this one as it seems to be pretty safe from the reviews that I read.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0955011&sr=8-4

My issue is that I have 3 kids in my care that are extremely big for their age. One of the kids is 4 and weights almost 100lbs. The others are not far behind and I have one school age boy that weights over 100 lbs.

I don't know if their weight would be held on this climber. the information on the website does not state anything about weight, only age.

what do you all think? do you have a better one you could suggest.

my dcks age range are from 22 months to 5 years old

MaryF 09:38 AM 11-24-2015
I found the weight limits on this page under questions answered -http://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx3D46YJ0WACA4T/?.
Looks like the manual says the maximum weight is 240 pounds. I'm sorry I don't have a different play structure to recommend.
daycare 09:39 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by MaryF:
I found the weight limits on this page under questions answered -http://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx3D46YJ0WACA4T/?.
Looks like the manual says the maximum weight is 240 pounds. I'm sorry I don't have a different play structure to recommend.
oh i will have to look at that. Is that 240 total at one time I take it?
MaryF 09:42 AM 11-24-2015
I'm pretty sure it is at one time - it also says a max of 60 pounds per user. Although another person wrote that it held quite a bit more weight (over 300 pounds) at once just fine.
daycare 09:51 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by MaryF:
I'm pretty sure it is at one time - it also says a max of 60 pounds per user. Although another person wrote that it held quite a bit more weight (over 300 pounds) at once just fine.
thanks so much for this feed back. I am thinking that with the high usage it would get, I have 14 kids daily, I don't know if it would hold up for long over time.

I would never get something and then say sorry you cant play on it.
so i guess this would not be a good fit for my group.
snbauser 11:15 AM 11-24-2015
I had an almost identical one. I think it was the previous version. I had 12 kids at the time. It held up very well. I had it for probably 5-6 years before I sold it.
daycare 11:39 AM 11-24-2015
can I ask why you sold it?
sahm1225 11:59 AM 11-24-2015
I have the older version too. I love it and hope to buy the one you posted when this ond gives out. I've had it about 3 years now and I bought it used.
I'm not sure about the weight limit and I use it indoors, so I don't typicay have that many kids on it at a time. One thing to notice is that the spot where you have the slide, it's not that tall. A 2-4 year old can stand, but bigger kids have to bend down. My 6&8 year old still play on it but they use it more of a gathering place to read books or play dolls.
spedmommy4 05:09 PM 11-24-2015
I have been seriously considering this one.

http://m.costco.com/Lifetime®-Play-....11610679.html

I was looking at the one you have pictured but, like you, I'm a little concerned about weight limits and how it will hold up in the long run.
snbauser 06:15 PM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
can I ask why you sold it?
I sold it because we were moving and I did not want to rebuild another mulched play area to have under/around it. It was a pain to keep to the right depth and I was tired of the mulch being tracked everywhere.
Josiegirl 02:45 AM 11-25-2015
I've had the 8 -in- 1 by Little Tikes, probably for around 20 years. Can we say time for an update? Other than fading and losing a door on it, it is still working great. For the first time this fall, I took it all apart and am storing it, in hopes I can pressure wash it come spring and redo it.
Seriously would love something new and different but just don't have the $$$ to invest any time soon.
284878 04:49 AM 11-25-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
thanks so much for this feed back. I am thinking that with the high usage it would get, I have 14 kids daily, I don't know if it would hold up for long over time.

I would never get something and then say sorry you cant play on it.
so i guess this would not be a good fit for my group.
I would think that it would be rare to have all the kids on it at once, after the newness wears off.
spedmommy4 05:49 AM 11-25-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I've had the 8 -in- 1 by Little Tikes, probably for around 20 years. Can we say time for an update? Other than fading and losing a door on it, it is still working great. For the first time this fall, I took it all apart and am storing it, in hopes I can pressure wash it come spring and redo it.
Seriously would love something new and different but just don't have the $$$ to invest any time soon.
Wow! Maybe I will reconsider the other one. That is a good long run. I currently have the Step 2 Alpine Ridge Climber & Slide. I have had it a year and it is holding up well. It's just not big enough for my group anymore.
Tags:climbers
Reply Up