Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Confused
Logged our for privecy 08:26 AM 09-21-2011
I started doing daycare in June of 2010 because I literally HATED my job! (was in healthcare in a lab) It wasn't the work I hated... I actually really enjoyed it and was good at it... it was the people and the directer, having to work holidays and weekends. Well, I have an opportunity to go back to this same facility but in a whole different department doing a less stressful job with NO holidays or weekends but having to work till 730pm 2 nights a week. I'm just really nervous about returning there. I TRULY love the kids I watch and don't know if I could leave em. But I also work 12 hour days just with my daycare... that doesn't include my cleaning, shopping, prep ect. My kids are 1st and 3rd grade. I thought being home would be great for them too but have noticed I can't do the things at school with them like field trips because my DCP count on me to watch there kids and I understand that. I would have to find daycare for my kids on no school days, early release and of course summer and probably for 30-45min in the afternoons. So does it pay for me to go back into the outside work force? I don't want to do it and regret it all over again either. OMG! I'm so confused and super stressed. Should I just suck up the 12hr days and the some what crappy pay and stay home? HELP HELP HELP!! What would you do?
countrymom 09:35 AM 09-21-2011
I think you need to sit down and figure some things out. Write out all the pros and cons first, then do a financial chart. But are you still going to be able to go and do things with your children if you have to work late, how accomadating are they going to be when your child is sick, trips, assemblies, sport activities.
Growing1atime 09:52 AM 09-21-2011
I have always thought that once my youngest is in school full time I would go back to working outside of the home. But now I don't know. I have been out of the "work force" for about 10 years now. I don't know if I could adjust. Also I like being home when my kids get home. I know that I don't always have one on one time with them, but I am here. And I don't know about you, but it is easier for me to higher someone to come in and help on the days I know I need to be with my kids at school or sports. When I was working there was always pressure to not take time off.

But I totally agree with all the hours that we work and how hard it can be sometimes. But then I remember that I have four kids of my own and I would be doing all the cleaning and cooking anyway!

You have to decide what is important to you. What is important to your family. I don't believe there is a wrong choice here. Just a choice. A choice that you and your family have to make. Life is always a direct result from the choices we make. The good news is that we can make different choices if we don't like where we are.
daycare 10:55 AM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by Growing1atime:
I have always thought that once my youngest is in school full time I would go back to working outside of the home. But now I don't know. I have been out of the "work force" for about 10 years now. I don't know if I could adjust. Also I like being home when my kids get home. I know that I don't always have one on one time with them, but I am here. And I don't know about you, but it is easier for me to higher someone to come in and help on the days I know I need to be with my kids at school or sports. When I was working there was always pressure to not take time off.

But I totally agree with all the hours that we work and how hard it can be sometimes. But then I remember that I have four kids of my own and I would be doing all the cleaning and cooking anyway!

You have to decide what is important to you. What is important to your family. I don't believe there is a wrong choice here. Just a choice. A choice that you and your family have to make. Life is always a direct result from the choices we make. The good news is that we can make different choices if we don't like where we are.

Perfect!

Daycare works for me.. I have two older kids in highschool and I could not even imagine them coming home to an empty house. I think the cycle starts over again once kids hit 13 of really needing their parents....
However, it does not work for everyone...Daycare work is HARD...
Just like country mom says make a list of your pros and cons. Think about all of the cost that you woudl have to spend to work in the home and out... also think about your mental state...I think your mental state is the most important...... No reason to stay in something becuase of the money if you are not mentaly healthy....
Your happiness is priceless...
cheerfuldom 01:22 PM 09-21-2011
I think you should take the job and try it out. You could always find more daycare kids and start over at home if the job doesn't work out.
BusyBee 01:24 PM 09-21-2011
I would totally take the job!
Tags:leaving daycare job, second job, stressed
Reply Up