Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infants and Sleeping
tenderhearts 08:04 AM 07-15-2010
When you have 2 infants where do you put them to sleep, especially if they are on different schedules? I have a huge daycare room with a bedroom which is used as the playroom as well but it is the napping room for the older kids. I have been using our bedrooms but it's so hard because our kids are on summer vacation and I'm playpen hopping, it's really frustrating. I'm worried about when I have 2 babies to put down. Just curious as to what others do. My kids are pretty flexible with me using their rooms for that generally because they aren't usually here except summer.
boysx5 09:06 AM 07-15-2010
I use two levels of my house I keep the babies upstairs for napping and downstairs is for the older kids
mac60 09:09 AM 07-15-2010
I nap the babies in the computer room. I have found it doesn't work to have them out with the rest of the kids. I need somewhere that the door can be shut with no disturbances.
tenderhearts 09:16 AM 07-15-2010
Do your babies sleep in the same room? I think my babies are probablly not going to sleep at the exact times, would be nice but I highly doubt it so for them to be in the same room, when the one wakes up I'm sure the crying will wake up the other. When I had my other 2 babies I had them the same as now using the other bedrooms, we have 4 bedrooms but we use 3 and the 4th is attached to the daycare room, that's where most of the toys are.
mac60 12:02 PM 07-15-2010
Yep, my babies sleep in the same room, I currently have a fan and a radio on, if one cries, it rarely interferes with the other, they just sleep right thru it.
tenderhearts 12:38 PM 07-15-2010
Wow, I hope I can get my two to do the same. Do you find it easier for 2 babies to be on the same schedule or different?
It's been nice the last 2 days with the new baby, her second nap has been the same time as the other kids so I still had that 1 1/2 for me to clean and get some stuff done. YES!!!!!
Francine 12:47 PM 07-15-2010
Sometimes it nice to have them sleep at the same time just because we all need the break but it is also nice when they alternate so that you have that one on one with each of them.
mac60 12:50 PM 07-15-2010
I put them both down at the same time in the mornings and in the afternoons. Keep the same schedule everyday.
swaddlebees 04:32 PM 07-15-2010
I nap them at the same time in my bedroom (which is 500 square feet so I can space them out) in pack n plays

Fan on, radio on medium volume. I have never NOT had a child adjust to the nap schedule within a couple days
Unregistered 08:26 PM 07-15-2010
I am not allowed to have infants in a seperate room. They have to be within sight. If my licensor came in and I had infants in a seperate room with the door shut, I would be written up. This is in Wyoming. It takes some time, but my infants have always adjusted to the noise level, and I have always taught the others to be respectful of quiet time. I have been doing daycare for 8 years now, when multiple infants have been in care, they are usually on slightly off set schedules just so that I don't have 2 babies needing the same thing at the same time.
Tags:infants, sleeping infants
Reply Up