Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infants - Under 18 Months
Second Home 09:14 AM 08-10-2015
I have 2 interviews to fill my 2 under age 2 spots ( that's a lot of 2's) . I have not taken any children under 2 yrs in about 4 years , I was staying with older children . Well now that all my current dck will be off to school this year I am ready to begin with a new young group .

I have updated my regular contract and handbook but want to update my under 2 sections . What do you all feel is extremely important that I will need in my policies that pertain to infants and toddlers ?

I am adding a comments about :

parents taking the child out of the car seat and handing them to me awake .

babies must be fed the first morning meal / bottle before arriving at my home .
Nisaryn 09:52 AM 08-10-2015
Illness! I can decide whether or not I will take a sick baby, especially if it might be something contagious. If it's just a cold I will still take them so long as they aren't running a fever.

Also, make sure they always bring extra bottles, clothes, diapers, etc. Nothing worse than a baby eating more than mommy thought they would and then having NOTHING for the poor thing to eat (happened to me a few weeks ago, had to call the mommy).
AuntTami 10:05 AM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I have 2 interviews to fill my 2 under age 2 spots ( that's a lot of 2's) . I have not taken any children under 2 yrs in about 4 years , I was staying with older children . Well now that all my current dck will be off to school this year I am ready to begin with a new young group .

I have updated my regular contract and handbook but want to update my under 2 sections . What do you all feel is extremely important that I will need in my policies that pertain to infants and toddlers ?

Babies MUST take bottles and they MUST be able to fall asleep on their own/parents willing to help with that at home. I can't hold them all to put them to sleep, nor am I willing to
Blackcat31 10:22 AM 08-10-2015

I require bottles to be left here and not brought back and forth daily...mostly for fear of something being added to the bottle.

I require 3 new in the box bottles to be brought and left at daycare per infant. Paci's too. NOTHING brought back and forth.
LysesKids 12:47 PM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by Nisaryn:
Illness! I can decide whether or not I will take a sick baby, especially if it might be something contagious. If it's just a cold I will still take them so long as they aren't running a fever.

Also, make sure they always bring extra bottles, clothes, diapers, etc. Nothing worse than a baby eating more than mommy thought they would and then having NOTHING for the poor thing to eat (happened to me a few weeks ago, had to call the mommy).
All my babes are EBM fed, I require a minimum 12-16 oz frozen to be kept in my freezer plus whatever child will use that day. I also accept cloth diapered children; must be lined with disposable liners & pre stuffed (one for every two hrs in care plus an extra) & a clean wet bag; Always have 2 full changes of clothes in a gallon ziplock bag with child's name to be kept here (changed out every 2 months for growth).
Unregistered 01:00 PM 08-10-2015
A nose aspirater for daycare
Indianadaycare 01:02 PM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I require bottles to be left here and not brought back and forth daily...mostly for fear of something being added to the bottle.

I require 3 new in the box bottles to be brought and left at daycare per infant. Paci's too. NOTHING brought back and forth.
I do this too. I tell BF moms that it eliminates waste of their breast milk if they bring freshly pumped milk in a pourable sports-like bottle each day. That way, I pour just what is needed from the large bottle into baby bottles that are left here. (If mom brings bottles filled each day, some gets wasted when baby doesn't drink it all.) On the first day or before, they bring me brand new in the box bottles (Dr.Brown) and paci's.
This also ensures that bottles/nipples are truly clean, because YOU are the one cleaning them! No wondering if bottles/nipples are sanitized or just plain clean!

My policy is also that parents supply formula and baby food up until age one. At that point, they start eating homemade baby food supplied by me.
finsup 05:41 PM 08-10-2015

For me, putting something in about safe sleep has helped. So many dcm's want me to lay an infant down with a bottle or blanket etc. I won't do that. I also require that a week (or more if they'd like) worth of diapers and formula or bm be left here. I provide bottles. Oh and putting in under the sickness section that even if you feel its just "teething" if it produces symptoms of 100.4 degree of higher fever or anything else on my exclusion list they need to be kept home. Learned that the hard way
Tags:infants
Reply Up