Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Fee?
Boymom 11:19 AM 04-04-2016
My contract states that if I don't get paid on time, I charge a $10 late fee per day. Well I have a family that pays me monthly instead of weekly, but they don't always pay on time. It's usually just a day late but I would rather them pay me weekly and on time than pay me monthly and late. Should I charge a late fee even though they pay me monthly? I have zero backbone! Maybe I should start handing them an invoice a day before it's due??
Michael 11:21 AM 04-04-2016
Here's some threads on Late Fees: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=late+fees
mommyneedsadayoff 11:42 AM 04-04-2016
My late fee is usually 10% (roughly) of the weekly fee for each day late. So if they pay $150 week and are one day late, their fee is $15. If they pay monthly at $600, their fee is $60, BUT I do give them one day extra to give me the payment, so if they forget, they get 24 hours to bring it to me.
Scribbles 12:03 PM 04-04-2016
Originally Posted by Boymom:
My contract states that if I don't get paid on time, I charge a $10 late fee per day. Well I have a family that pays me monthly instead of weekly, but they don't always pay on time. It's usually just a day late but I would rather them pay me weekly and on time than pay me monthly and late. Should I charge a late fee even though they pay me monthly? I have zero backbone! Maybe I should start handing them an invoice a day before it's due??
I charge $10 per calendar day so weekends are included.

If you want to be paid weekly, why not just make everyone pay weekly then and make it a new policy for everyone.
Tags:late fees
Reply Up