Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Responding
Great Beginnings 12:58 PM 11-29-2013
So I posted an ad on craigslist to replace the family that had an issue with me being pregnant and that affecting her children. Today I saw I have an email from that ad from another parent. How should I respond?

I am tempted to respond, so do we agree this is officially your two weeks notice?

I don't want to be caught off guard so I would rather just term them now right?
JoseyJo 01:04 PM 11-29-2013
I'm confused (maybe too much turkey!) - you placed an ad to replace a family and that same family responded to the ad not knowing it was you?
Great Beginnings 01:11 PM 11-29-2013
Lol, unfortunately it was a different family. I told families I was expecting in June and I have not had favorable results

I only have 2 during the day right now and a few school agers so I am not sure why they are so concerned about me having a baby. It's ridiculous and not like I have too many children to handle an infant.
JoseyJo 01:20 PM 11-29-2013
I would interview the other family and if they are a good fit I would offer them the spot saying it was available on Dec 16th (2 weeks from now) and give your current family 2 weeks notice- last day being dec 13th.

I would not give current family notice until you have another family for sure lined up (unless you don't need the income and just want to be rid of them)

A lot of times I think a family will be a perfect fit after the phone interview but when they come to the in-person interview things are different than presented by email/phone and they are not a good fit. It depends on how picky you are
Great Beginnings 01:25 PM 11-29-2013
No lol! The person that responded to my ad was another daycare parent that I currently have now. I am wondering how to respond to the family since they are currently in my care and apparently contacting me for daycare.
Unregistered 01:26 PM 11-29-2013
The responses from her ad was her OTHER CURRENT daycare family that is apparently shopping around for another provider.
snbauser 01:39 PM 11-29-2013
At a minimum I would respond with something along the lines of "Is there something I should know or something we need to discuss?"
Tags:advertising, parents, parents - enquiring, terminate - parents
Reply Up