Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Going bonkers yet?
Josiegirl 03:20 AM 01-22-2014
This will be the 3rd inside day with toddlers, a new 11 mo and 2 dogs. My house is already declared a disaster area and everybody was climbing up the walls by closing yesterday. Yikes!
With wind chill advisories for our area, there's no chance of even peaking outside for a minute. Any suggestions for not going crazier?
jessrlee 03:25 AM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
This will be the 3rd inside day with toddlers, a new 11 mo and 2 dogs. My house is already declared a disaster area and everybody was climbing up the walls by closing yesterday. Yikes!
With wind chill advisories for our area, there's no chance of even peaking outside for a minute. Any suggestions for not going crazier?
You are in my prayers

You could have a snowball fight with rolled up socks?
daycarediva 03:46 AM 01-22-2014
We had a snowball fight with bath poofs (4 for $1 at the dollar store) we made homemade puffy paint and did handwriting with shaving cream yesterday.

Day 2 of no outside time here, 4 rambunctious 3yo boys, and two princesses who are NOT happy with the level of wild in the house.
Luna 05:19 AM 01-22-2014
This will be Day 2 for us. We stayed out as long as we could Monday morning because I knew this deep freeze was coming. Too bad we can't bank outside time!
Yesterday we did a marching parade doing laps through the house. We hopped, marched, twirled, choochooed, giant stepped, penguin walked...until we were pooped. It's really all a trick to get ME more active
Play Care 05:28 AM 01-22-2014
I do the usual things, but I also have a mini trampoline that I bring up as well as some hop ball toys. These are only used for days like these. I have foam paint brushes and I'll give the kids a VERY little water on them and let them "paint" my walls (so what it also happens to wash off little fingerprints? ) I have special table toys that I try to save for days like these, maybe do a picnic snack on the floor rather then snack at the table?

And while I consider myself a LIMITED screen child care, I'm not above putting on a 20 minute video the last half hour of the day on days like these, because by that time, *I* need a break
melilley 06:31 AM 01-22-2014
Tell me about it! We have been stuck inside too. Yesterday it was soooo sunny out and looked so nice an warm, until.....you stepped outside!

I have 2 new sleds that are just begging to get used. I cannot wait until we can go out and I can pull them around!

I do have to say that art and sensory activities are saviors. My kids are all 2 and under, except for one 3 yo. and they love those activities!
melilley 06:33 AM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
We had a snowball fight with bath poofs (4 for $1 at the dollar store) we made homemade puffy paint and did handwriting with shaving cream yesterday.
How fun!
Heidi 08:44 AM 01-22-2014
We,ve been stuck inside for weeks! The few days it's been nice enough to go outside as far as temperature were weekend days, with only a couple exceptions.
Reply Up