Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>3 yr old Yacker
melissa ann 03:53 PM 03-11-2010
I have a 3 yr old girl who never, and I mean NEVER shuts up. She says how her mom took her here and there. When I mention to mom that I heard you were wherever, how was it? She's always like, what? We weren't there.
If girl gets a tissue, she says mommy has tissues. Whatever we have to eat, it's either mommy has this or mommy needs to get this. It's constant talking. Sometimes I can't understand her because she doesn't speak clearly. Seriously, some days I just want to grab duct tape. Can anyone else relate?
mac60 04:48 PM 03-11-2010
Sounds like our lunchtime.....yet, we need to find a sale on cases of duct tape. Sometimes the yacking gets overwhelming.....can't we please have a moment of silence?
missnikki 06:25 PM 03-11-2010
Sounds like separation anxiety, without crying?
Is mom a single parent? She may be looking up to mommy as a hero. I might try saying "It sounds like you miss your mommy right now." She might just need you to mention mom now and then- maybe if you bring it up first, she'll feel like you know her mommy is important to her and she doesn't need to remind you of it. Then move on.
melissa ann 05:25 AM 03-12-2010
I do feel for this little girl. Mom lives with boyfriend who is father of little girl's half brother. Girl sees her dad about once a week. Mom works weird hours. Some days she works like 2-midnight and the next day might have to go in at 7am so girl doesn't see her mom for like a day because grandpa of girl drops the kids off at 6. Girl's 4 yr cousin sometimes does the same thing, except it's grandpa this and grandpa that. Grandpa adopted boy. Boy's dad (grandpa's son) had criminal issues.
missnikki 06:43 AM 03-12-2010
If only every child had a perfect family, right?
She needs her mommy. If you're the next best thing, be patient with her. As you know, kids thrive on routines. The more she feels comfortable in your program, the more discovering she can do, but she'll be in your ear for a while.
Poor thing. I've had a few of those ones, they can be annoying!
Childminder 08:05 AM 03-12-2010
OMG! Don't you just want them to BE QUIET sometimes. I've got a 3yr dcb that NEVER shuts up and to make things worse he stutters so it takes twice as long to get the sentence out. Sometimes I have him eat lunch by himself in the play room just so he gets done in less than an hour.
Tags:3 year old, separation anxiety
Reply Up