Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>2 or 3 Room Daycare Center
ummie 06:54 AM 04-27-2011
I have an opportunity to start a daycare but am wondering if its better to have 2 large size rooms or 3 smaller ones.

The first room wouldn't change in size (would hod about 16 kids)
the 2nd and 3rd rooms would.

If its 2 room facility, the second would hold about 17 kids.
If its 3 room facility the second room would hold about 12 kids and the third room about 6 kids.

What are the advantages in both?
Abigail 07:21 PM 04-27-2011
Are you opening a center and going to hire employees? If so, then go with three rooms because the smallest can be for non-mobile infants, then older infants and young toddlers in the second room, and finally all the older toddlers (2-2 1/2 and older) in the larger room.

Think about what items you need in general to fill these rooms and what would make the most sense according to the ages and number of children you intend to enroll.
Michael 07:49 PM 04-27-2011
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum ummie!
ummie 08:37 AM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Are you opening a center and going to hire employees? If so, then go with three rooms because the smallest can be for non-mobile infants, then older infants and young toddlers in the second room, and finally all the older toddlers (2-2 1/2 and older) in the larger room.

Think about what items you need in general to fill these rooms and what would make the most sense according to the ages and number of children you intend to enroll.
Yes, i'm gonna hire employees and try to go the whole 9 yards..

I dont think i'm gonna go the infant (non mobile) route because I may have a better shot at filling up the small room if i have 1-2 year olds in there... Also the red tape in nyc is much more stringent for infants.

What do you think of having 1-2 yr olds (small room, 2-3 (middle), 3-4 (large room)?

@Michael - thanks!
Abigail 09:32 PM 06-11-2011
You can always share pictures and we can help you with your setup. Keep in mind easy access to bathrooms for all rooms and have plenty of space for changing tables in the two younger rooms for sure or else a large bathroom to fit it all.
Tags:new member, open a daycare, rooms
Reply Up