Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not dc related
B Lou 03:39 AM 01-13-2014
Good Monday to you all.

We have had a death in the family last night and I will be needing to cook some meals for having family and friends. Looking for ideas. Maybe even some kind of breakfast breads?
jessrlee 03:55 AM 01-13-2014
Anything from http://thepioneerwoman.com/ I'm eating her blueberry muffins right now and they are divine!

I'm sorry for your loss
Scout 04:19 AM 01-13-2014
I am sorry for your loss as well. And Pioneer woman also has these really good mini orange muffins. Yum! Are you looking for casseroles, crock pot? I have great luck making roast beef on my crock pot that would be good for sandwiches. Let me know if you are interested and I could post it.
B Lou 04:24 AM 01-13-2014
Oh the roast for sandwiches sounds so very good. Yes please post for me. Thank you.
Lil'DinoEggs 06:04 AM 01-13-2014
My favorite freezer meals:

Lasagna
Tater tot casserole
Chicken and Broccoli over rice
Enchiladas
Scribbles 07:47 AM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by B Lou:
Good Monday to you all.

We have had a death in the family last night and I will be needing to cook some meals for having family and friends. Looking for ideas. Maybe even some kind of breakfast breads?
How sad.. Was it a family member of urs or a daycare family. Im sorry i dont mean to get personal i think im just emotional lately so any sad news makes me sadder.
B Lou 07:49 AM 01-13-2014
Thank you all. It was a family member.
Happily_wed 07:54 AM 01-13-2014
I am sorry for your loss. How about a meat and cheese tray with some breads for sandwiches? Not a cooked meal but it comes in handy.

How about a soup or stew? A big kettle of chili or homemade vegetable soup reheats well and is filling.
harperluu 09:10 AM 01-13-2014
Here is a great site for freezable crockpot meals. Many can be adapted for a larger crowd.

http://www.mommysfabulousfinds.com/2...r-meals-2.html
sahm1225 11:02 AM 01-13-2014
I'm sorry for your loss.

How about Italian beef sandwiches? It's cooked in the crockpot & easy to make.
Scout 11:02 AM 01-13-2014
Crock pot Roast beef sandwiches

2 onions, cut into strips placed on bottom of crock pot.
Top with your roast(you can even throw in a frozen one, I never thaw mine!)
Mix together 2c beef broth, 2 garlic cloves, and 2T worsteshire sauce and pour over roast.

Cook on low for probably 8 hours. You will know because it will be falling apart. We top ours with swiss and serve on kaiser rolls.
Reply Up