Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer policy
Unregistered 12:14 PM 06-03-2014
My policy is 3 day min for summer regardless of attendance to hold your placement for the fall.... No openings in my care in 4 years....

Right now I have 2 openings... A parent confirmed returning in fall 2 days per week only- going to preschool. Had child since birth. Should I reduce min days for summer to 2? Should I eliminate min summer care since return is only part time ? I really don't want part time care but since I have 2 openings I can't really refuse. I also can't afford to say pay nothing for summer either.... UGH the business aspect of when a policy is a policy because it is a business and when do you say well I need to be thankful they want to come 2 days and my numbers are low. Any advice?
TheGoodLife 12:18 PM 06-03-2014
Are they arguing the 3 day summer policy? If not, keep as is!
Christina72684 12:23 PM 06-03-2014
I'm having a similar situation. A teacher needs to have her kid come here this Fall. We said she must come 2 days a week to hold her spot. Right now she's at a DC center that required the same, so I don't see why we wouldn't. She told someone we know that she'll decide in a few weeks if she'll bring her daughter her or not. I'm not sure if she's trying to avoid paying for those few weeks or what. Her daughter is less than a year old and has Down's Syndrome so I would think having a routine would be good for her. We're not holding the spot for her so hopefully she decides soon bc we only have one spot left.
SignMeUp 01:17 PM 06-03-2014
My kids are all part time. I have done that forever and only have openings every few years too. Mine usually come from infancy to kindergarten.

I require half of their regular schedule in the summer, or half of their regular pay. I would rather have them half time because it keeps them in the swing of things

But if you really only do full-time, you are already making a concession for this family. So if I were you, I'd consider saying, nope, two days/week year-round because I am already making an exception for you BIG SMILE
Reply Up