Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Recommendations for good and affordable curriculum please
Renee 09:40 AM 08-20-2014
I've always just found books etc of my own to use but would like to purchase planned curriculum as it would be easier for me as for time etc. Any suggestions?
Blackcat31 09:52 AM 08-20-2014
Welcome to the forum!

We have an entire forum section just for curriculum.

Perhaps you can find some useful info there.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9
butterfly 11:26 AM 08-20-2014
I've done a variety of different things over the years from making my own to buying prepackaged curriculum like funshine or Mother Goose Time... This year I'm going to use an adapted version of God's Little Explorers. If you google them, you can get access to all the curriculum for FREE!! Or you can purchase it for really cheap and get lots of extra materials that go along with it. I love her website - lots of photos of different activities that she did with it. The lesson plans also list lots of extra ideas to tie into it. It's a Christian curriculum and based off of bible stories, however, I think I'll just be teaching the themes, vs. the actual bible verses...
Annalee 11:34 AM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I've done a variety of different things over the years from making my own to buying prepackaged curriculum like funshine or Mother Goose Time... This year I'm going to use an adapted version of God's Little Explorers. If you google them, you can get access to all the curriculum for FREE!! Or you can purchase it for really cheap and get lots of extra materials that go along with it. I love her website - lots of photos of different activities that she did with it. The lesson plans also list lots of extra ideas to tie into it. It's a Christian curriculum and based off of bible stories, however, I think I'll just be teaching the themes, vs. the actual bible verses...
I take pieces from several things.....the mailbox mags have great ideas, I have several pieces I have accumulated through the years or have been given to me...I pick and choose each month setting up my calendar....pinterest is a great supplement as well! It doesn't have to be hard....some providers here take a book for the week and work around that with activities that enhance learning of colors, letters, etc.....There are many ways to facilitate learning for the kids.....you can be as broad or small with the ideas as you want.....whatever works for your program! Good luck to you!
Unregistered 12:19 PM 08-20-2014
Thank you so much for the great ideas!
Reply Up