Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Sample for a Letter....
Unregistered 06:40 PM 07-06-2009
I have to increase my rates on my current parents. In the past, I have always just increased the incoming/new families. But I have kids that are here who are paying almost $3/hr under the area's average. So on Sept. 1st, I want everyone to be on the same page which would be a $1/hr. increase. Any ideas on how to word it?
mac60 02:28 AM 07-07-2009
I totally understand you on this. I am in the same situation with families I have had for 3+ years.

Here is one I have on hand:

Dear Parents,

This letter is to inform parents of a rate increase for childcare. For those of you who have been in my program for a long time, this has been my first rate increase for families. Over the past 2 years my expenses to operate my daycare have gone up considerably. These expenses include, heat, electricity, water, food, snacks, preschool supplies, miscellaneous supplies, and insurance.

Child’s name:___________________

As of ____/____/____, my daycare rates will be increased to:

_________________________. It has been _______________

since I have increased my rates.

If additional days will be needed at any time the rate will be:

Rates are guaranteed whether or not you bring your child.

Please sign and date one copy of this letter and return it to me for my records. The other is for your reference.

Thank you for allowing me to care for your child.

Sincerely,

Parents Signature_________________________________________

Date_______________
tymaboy 06:32 AM 07-07-2009
This is what my letter says (very simular to Mac06)

Dear Parents:

Starting on ________, my childcare charges will be increased to $_____ per hour. It has been________year(s) since I have last set my rates, and this new rate will enable me to continue providing the best of care for your children.

Would you kindly initial and date one copy of this letter, and return it to me for my records. The other is for your reference.

Thank you for sharing your children with me!

Sincerely,

Unregistered 04:37 PM 08-15-2009
Start out with a positive few lines about how wonderful the parents are, be specific, if they have volunteered time, toys, etc. Then get to the point. Explain that with the economy as it is, prices are continuing to rise for you to maintain your wonderful program, and that in order for you to offer your great program, a raise in tuition is necessary. If they are supportive and understanding, you should have no problem.
rhondawarren 08:14 AM 03-23-2012
Thanks so much everyone! Much appreciated! I love this forum
Tags:notice, rates - fair and reasonable
Reply Up