Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
mrsnj 01:33 PM 07-31-2014
*stamping my feet, screaming and throwing a tantrum of my own!!*
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I posted already about a DC mom who doesn't seem to understand when I say the word no. This was over the school age sibling coming as a drop in this year for school closings, which I have stopped. No school age. No drop ins. No. I said it like four times. I explained it four times. No no no no. And then she turns around and asks if I can do Christmas.

Today Gmom calls me (mom and gmom are co-caregivers). The youngest child was a 'bouncer". Was pt but moved days as needed cause gmom is a nurse whos schedule changes. I finally said enough. It was not working for me. I also was getting mad cause gmom would book the child on days when she had off so she could go out to lunch and get nails done. Finally said enough. Either pay ft or lock in your days and hours. They chose locked in days. Fine. It was touch and go trying to get this settled. I know gmom was not happy about it. I know mom was not happy about having to tell gmom about it. FINALLY locked it down just the other day. I JUST did my schedule for Sept actually about an hr ago. Done. Yippie.....

I get the call from gmom. "Can you call me back. I am going away for a week in Sept from xyz to xyz and need to switch that week. I know its asking alot but can you give me a call so we can work this out."

I have NOT called gmom back. Besides that gmom has a hard time understanding that she is NOT the mother and cannot alter days, I am so pissed off I am ready to term.

WHAT. PART. OF. NOOOOOOOO. CANNOT. BE. UNDERSTOOD?

DH says to just let it go and when she shows tomorrow at pick up to 'talk about it' cause I didn't call her back simply say no again. But I gotta tell you, after a week of saying the no word and it not being understood, I am about ready to scream in someones face before handing them a term notice!

*breathe in.....breathe out*
Blackcat31 01:37 PM 07-31-2014

Sorry you are having a rough time getting through to this family.

I would communicate with mom only too. If grandma has an issue, she should go through the parent of the child.
mrsnj 02:04 PM 07-31-2014
i have told her that before. Another issue we have had. The problem is I am friends with gmom through church. I think she feels cause we are friends she can just buzz me and change schedules to fit gmoms needs. I have spoke to both mom and gmom. Told them no more altering without mom calling. The gmom STILL calls me. She will call and text and text and call all day long until I get pissed and then contact mom who knows nothing about it and then mom calls gmom and flips out all over her. Then I get the tude for a few days. I love gmom but she completely oversteps!
Blackcat31 02:22 PM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
i have told her that before. Another issue we have had. The problem is I am friends with gmom through church. I think she feels cause we are friends she can just buzz me and change schedules to fit gmoms needs. I have spoke to both mom and gmom. Told them no more altering without mom calling. The gmom STILL calls me. She will call and text and text and call all day long until I get pissed and then contact mom who knows nothing about it and then mom calls gmom and flips out all over her. Then I get the tude for a few days. I love gmom but she completely oversteps!
Ugh, that is hard.

Could you maybe use licensing and say something like there is a lot of fallout happening due to providers discussing things with extended family members and that isn't okay by licensing rules because of confidentiality stuff...

Would the mom be willing to tell her mother that you can ONLY communicate with the actual parent and that it is way too difficult, confusing and stressful for you to be listening to two different "moms"?
Laurel 02:34 PM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
*stamping my feet, screaming and throwing a tantrum of my own!!*
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I posted already about a DC mom who doesn't seem to understand when I say the word no. This was over the school age sibling coming as a drop in this year for school closings, which I have stopped. No school age. No drop ins. No. I said it like four times. I explained it four times. No no no no. And then she turns around and asks if I can do Christmas.

Today Gmom calls me (mom and gmom are co-caregivers). The youngest child was a 'bouncer". Was pt but moved days as needed cause gmom is a nurse whos schedule changes. I finally said enough. It was not working for me. I also was getting mad cause gmom would book the child on days when she had off so she could go out to lunch and get nails done. Finally said enough. Either pay ft or lock in your days and hours. They chose locked in days. Fine. It was touch and go trying to get this settled. I know gmom was not happy about it. I know mom was not happy about having to tell gmom about it. FINALLY locked it down just the other day. I JUST did my schedule for Sept actually about an hr ago. Done. Yippie.....

I get the call from gmom. "Can you call me back. I am going away for a week in Sept from xyz to xyz and need to switch that week. I know its asking alot but can you give me a call so we can work this out."

I have NOT called gmom back. Besides that gmom has a hard time understanding that she is NOT the mother and cannot alter days, I am so pissed off I am ready to term.

WHAT. PART. OF. NOOOOOOOO. CANNOT. BE. UNDERSTOOD?

DH says to just let it go and when she shows tomorrow at pick up to 'talk about it' cause I didn't call her back simply say no again. But I gotta tell you, after a week of saying the no word and it not being understood, I am about ready to scream in someones face before handing them a term notice!

*breathe in.....breathe out*
Maybe when she asks again because you didn't respond you could say "I already told you that I am not doing school age anymore at all. Why do you keep asking?" (look confused)

That is what I would do.

Laurel
rosieteddy 04:23 AM 08-01-2014
I would juse charge full weekly tuition,let them call if child not attending.
Reply Up