Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need To Interview A Person With Child In Daycare!
Emily Rose 07:32 AM 06-19-2015
Hey everyone I have to interview someone who has a child in childcare for school and would appreciate if someone could take 5 minutes to do this for me? I'd appreciate it!
1. What is the value of your childcare program
2. what type of childcare is your child enrolled in
3. why did you select the program your child is in
4. what do you like about the program
5.what would you like to see improved in the program
6. how many different programs have you used?
NightOwl 09:44 AM 06-19-2015
You may want to post this in the parent/guardian section of this forum. You would probably get more traffic from parents that way.
childcaremom 11:12 AM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by Emily Rose:
Hey everyone I have to interview someone who has a child in childcare for school and would appreciate if someone could take 5 minutes to do this for me? I'd appreciate it!
1. The value for me is that my child can play with her school friends. It is convenient (at the school) and the hours work well for me.
2. It is run through the school board and is strictly for school aged kids who are enrolled at the school.
3. Convenience, mostly. I also worked for the after school program (at a different school) so I know what is involved, etc.
4. Convenience. I don't have to worry about transportation. It is always open (except on snow days, which doesn't matter to me as my children are home anyways). I really like the leaders who run the program. My girls have fun so that is really important, as well, and makes leaving them easier.
5. More free time. It is mandated to have structured activities but I think after a full school day, kids need down time and free play. More outdoor time. Healthier snack offerings (I send them stuff from home still). A lot of packaged foods.
6. This is the only school aged program I have used.
MarinaVanessa 12:00 PM 06-19-2015
I agree that if you post this in the parent section you'll get better responses. In this section we're mostly family child care providers and our kids mostly stay here with us.

I will answer anyway:

That I run a play-based program with a routine and learning opportunities that help prepare children get ready for school.

All three of my children go to my daycare (ages 2, 4 and 10).

Because I couldn't find the type of child care program I was looking for so I opened up my own in order to provide that to my own kids and other children.

I like that there's a structure and routine but that I can be flexible. I decide what we do and can change the activities and modify them based on the group and individual needs. I like that I offer mostly home-cooked meals and a healthy variety of meals. I also like that one of my focuses is on self-help and independence, the children help with everything from serving, clean up to setting up and taking down activities.

I can't wait until we can afford to move into a bigger home with designated daycare space and a bigger outdoor play space for the children.

I have enrolled my children in 2 other family child care homes before starting my own. For me a daycare center is not a good fit since I think that a relationship with the caregiver is important and center-based programs seem to have a high turnover rate or children graduate from one classroom to another which means a new teacher. The first two family daycare programs that I used were great but one lacked the control of other household members (older children and adults listening to "adult" music and watching television for more mature audiences while the children were in care and in the space that the children played) and the children were doted on which was great but there were very little rules and boundaries. The 2nd family child care that I used was better but had no "learning program" and was a large daycare which made transitioning from that environment back to our home environment difficult.
Tags:childcare assistance, helpful tips, interview - checklist
Reply Up