Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interviewing During Early Pregnancy
TheGoodLife 01:45 PM 07-28-2014
I'm really going back and forth on this, so I'll try asking again I have yet to fully announce our pregnancy, but at 10 weeks I am close. I signed up a new family last week (starting next Monday) and did not tell them. Now I have another interview tonight. Should I disclose now, or wait until my second trimester when I tell everyone? This is a referral from an old friend and the friend does know- but I doubt she told this family. WWYD? Thanks!
Shell 01:59 PM 07-28-2014
I waited- none of anybody's business at this point except you and your family. Parents just want to know what your plan is for going to appointments, maternity leave- only how much work they will miss. I'm not sure if I have already said congrats, but if not, Congratulations
TheGoodLife 02:16 PM 07-28-2014
Thanks! It only be maternity leave and the ultrasound around 20 weeks- my DH is home for most/all appts I need to make.
KIDZRMYBIZ 02:41 PM 07-28-2014
IMO, if you are planning on closing for longer than one week, the potential clients have a right to know before signing on. Finding alternate care arrangements for longer than a week is tough.

Also, I think if you don't tell them, they are going to be seriously torqued when you do...after they do the math.
Shell 05:18 PM 07-28-2014
Idk, I see what Kidz is saying, but I went about it differently personally. I didn't tell any of the families until I was past 16 weeks, and yes, I did sign on one family in this time frame. In my situation, the parents just needed to know that I had coverage for appointments (you do too), and I had an assistant for two weeks after. My families were happy for me, and knowing that I had a plan in place, and they didn't miss work for my appointments made it a smooth transition. If I didn't have a plan and an assistant, I'm certain some would have left. I feel like it is your right to privacy, especially this early on, jmho.
hope 05:24 PM 07-28-2014
It all depends on what your plan is for maternity leave. If you will provide coverage than you can wait to tell them. If you are not providing coverage and they will need alternate care than you should tell them.
mountainside13 05:40 PM 07-28-2014
Congrats! If you haven't officially announced your pregnancy, then I wouldn't tell potential families. If you have already announced it, I would tell them.
AmyKidsCo 06:45 PM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by mountainside13:
Congrats! If you haven't officially announced your pregnancy, then I wouldn't tell potential families. If you have already announced it, I would tell them.
That was my thought too. If it's general knowledge I'd tell them, and what your plans are for any maternity leave. If you're not telling anyone yet then don't tell them until you start telling everyone.
melilley 07:24 PM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
That was my thought too. If it's general knowledge I'd tell them, and what your plans are for any maternity leave. If you're not telling anyone yet then don't tell them until you start telling everyone.
I agree with this!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Tags:pregnancy - parent notification, pregnant - and running daycare
Reply Up