Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Proof, Going too Far?
KDC 11:14 AM 03-16-2012
So, DCM's been bringing DCB to my house this week with thick mucus and green boogers. The first day (Tuesday) it started to run clear, no problem. By end of day it was cloudy and thick. He was here for 11 hours that day. I mentioned the thick mucus and his mood was not the same. She asked if she could bring him Wednesday, and I said not with the thick mucus. If it thins out and he does not have a fever, then it was o.k. She sends him next day and says, we'll lets try it. I haven't seen any thick mucus. (REALLY?) So, it's just this way at my house, you have a magic no green booger house? hmmm... Well, she got a call a few hours later saying, DCB has low grade fever (not a fever I'd normally send home fore 100.1) & more thick mucus, please pick him up. She did, reluctantly. Then sure enough this morning... she brings him and says, he's fine for me, it's just a cold (gee, magic house again)? DCK - EVERY 2 minutes (I has runny nose). Already wiped green snot 3 times since starting this thread. Went through 2 boxes of tissue just on this one kid alone.

Seriously contemplating taking a picture of the green slime and text Mom... time to pick up *****. 2 more kids have started with signs of sickness, despite all my efforts of sanitizing and hand washing

FYI, My contract says thick mucus, stay home.
SunshineMama 11:17 AM 03-16-2012
Seriously I would take a picture and send it to her. I have done that before- it's undisputable proof.

I also find it hard to believe that she isn't seeing the snot
Breezy 11:31 AM 03-16-2012
This is exactly what happened to me with my DCF!! Oh nope she is fine at home no problems but here she has blow outs, green snot every two minutes to the point where I have to FOLLOW her around and do nothing else all day but wipe her nose (no exaggeration). STILL she has all this stuff going on. My DS got what she has and is over it- back to normal poops and everything and she STILL has it and they haven't taken her to the DR. Even I had it and I am over it.
Blackcat31 11:32 AM 03-16-2012
If he was sent home yesterday with a temp, why is he back today? Do you not do the 24 hour fever free rule?

Honestly, I would simply tell her he canNOT come back until he is free completely from the green snot.

If she sends him and says it isn't green at home say fine but each time you send him home then he will have to stay home for 1 whole day, then two days the next time and 3 the next. etc etc.

I get that it probably IS just a cold but colds go away much faster with simple rest and relaxation and of course a bit of lovin' from mommy!
KDC 11:52 AM 03-16-2012
I do have a fever policy, but like I said it was so low grade, my contract says anything over 101 is considered a fever. His was barely over 100. I mainly sent him home for thick mucus... If it's a cold, it's a bad one. The weather out this was has been unbelievable for March (high 70's and low 80's) My throat is already scratchy =( Mom on way. Didn't send pictures. She either trusts me, or she's at the wrong place.
momma2girls 12:08 PM 03-16-2012
My contract says anything over 100 degrees, is a fever, and must remain fever free for 24 hrs. if I call, that child is sick, they cannot return the next day, and can only return if fever free for at least 24 hrs. without the use of pain reliever. I had parents yrs. ago, say, well they didn't have a fever yesterday, since leaving your house at all. Then 2-3 hrs. after coming here, it shows back up. So I would have to call the parents again, to come pick up their child. UGHH!!! SO they conveniently gave Tylenol before coming to daycare. That is when I placed it in my contract, cannot return the next day at all.
jenn 12:16 PM 03-16-2012
The same thing happens here. A kid will be at my house congested, thick snot, green boogers, sneezing...but when the parent gets them, they are magically better. My house must just bring the thick snot/green boogers out of them
lilcupcakes09 12:16 PM 03-16-2012
been dealing with this all winter too! Same kid, same Mom- kid only seems to have runny nose & cough when he is here, Mom says it is not bad at home always! But then I got to thinking- Dad wakes little boy up when it's time to come here in the am, mom doesn't see him in the am, then he is here ALL day until closing, usually 510, then he is put to bed at 730, so she doesn't really have much time to notice he is even sick, very sad since they hardly see him during the week
Tags:sick policy, thick mucas
Reply Up