Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Colicy Babies- Do You Keep Them or Not??
momma2girls 09:53 AM 10-05-2010
I have had colicy babies in the past, and I didn't have a 2 week trial in my contract. Now that I have that in my contract for the past 3 or 4 yrs. I have had to let go of a seperation anxiety(3 babies) they all 3 screamed unless held all day!! I also let go a stranger anxiety one(screamed all day as well) then I have had 3 very colicy babies!!! Oh, it is so tough!! Do you just live with it? What do you do when the baby is screaming all day to keep your sanity? Do you let them go after the trial period? THanks!!!
BentleysBands 10:11 AM 10-05-2010
screaming babies all day drive me insane to say the least! i try to stick it out but in all honesty, they spend alot of time in another room in a pnp screaming...i let parents know how they are and of course most are clueless and say it doesnt happen for them
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:42 AM 10-05-2010
any ideas whats giving them "colic"? Ive never had one.
momma2girls 10:45 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
any ideas whats giving them "colic"? Ive never had one.
Some babies are just born that way, very gassy, etc. some it's the formula, some just do eventually outgrow it. I had a 6 month old baby that was still very colicy everyday!!! Some giving the baby gas drops helps a little bit, and some it doesn't help at all. I was blessed with all my own babies, they were good sleepers,etc. I had a friend that went completely bonkers with this colicy baby she had, until she finally had enough, and told the parents, she was done!!!
momma2girls 10:46 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
screaming babies all day drive me insane to say the least! i try to stick it out but in all honesty, they spend alot of time in another room in a pnp screaming...i let parents know how they are and of course most are clueless and say it doesnt happen for them
Don't you just love it when parents say that. They are such good babies all the time!!
Michael 12:30 PM 10-05-2010
We had another thread on colic babies and a product called Dr Brown's bottles that seemed to help: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19841

http://www.handi-craft.com/home.html
Live and Learn 12:38 PM 10-05-2010
That is because parents pick them up every single time the baby makes even the tiniest squeak in my opinion.....I am a stay at home mom and did the same with my babies.....! it is really difficult on childcare providers when a baby is never allowed to fuss for even a couple of minutes. I have watched mostly babies and can honestly say I don't think I have ever had one with colic. One year olds that where never taught how to nap? YES! One year olds that have never been given the opportunity to learn to sooth themselves? YES!
I currently have a one year old who has SCREAMED most of the day for five weeks. just this week he has finally decided that it will get him nowhere. Yesterday no screaming, today no screaming....I feel like we have had a huge break through. To get back to the original poster.....Many days in those five weeks I seriously thought about giving up on him but held on. I have never had a baby this fussy and I have never let a baby go for being fussy......I don't know how many more weeks I could have held on.....
sahm2three 12:47 PM 10-05-2010
I have one right now, and I really love him when he isn't screaming! Just not sure if I will be able to keep him AND keep my sanity! My ds was colicky, and it brings back those desperate feelings! Good thing I have a lot of experiance with colic or I would have lost it by now! So, to answer your question, yes, I do but don't know for how long! LOL!
Tags:colic
Reply Up