Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Two Week Trial Refund
daycare 03:07 PM 09-01-2015
So the wishy washy family that was quitting then coming back during their trial period is done.

I have never had a family term during the trial period.

the parents paid for one month up front, which I don't normally due monthly until after the trial, but it was only for 2 1/2 days, so it was not a large amount of money.

the family was supposed to attend yesterday and today, and attended last week as well. the child did not attend today and notice was given today.

my contracts states payment is required if child is in attendance or not.

so do I charge for today, the day they terminated? they did not come.....

or do I only charge for yesterday, refund today and the rest of the month?

Ugh I hate my life right now?
Thriftylady 03:17 PM 09-01-2015
When did they tell you they wouldn't be there today? If they didn't do it until today I wouldn't refund for it. If I had 24 hours notice I might because then I didn't plan meals and activities for the child that cost me money.
daycare 03:22 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
When did they tell you they wouldn't be there today? If they didn't do it until today I wouldn't refund for it. If I had 24 hours notice I might because then I didn't plan meals and activities for the child that cost me money.
they didnt tell me until 700am today.... at this time i told them they needed to make a final decision if he was going to stay enrolled or not.

they text me about an hour ago to tell me that they decided to term.
Thriftylady 03:26 PM 09-01-2015
Then personally I wouldn't refund them for today. UNLESS I thought things would get nasty if I didn't.
daycare 03:48 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Then personally I wouldn't refund them for today. UNLESS I thought things would get nasty if I didn't.
lol you are so reading my mind. I don't want any drama.. I also just replaced this family confirmed 5 min ago. other dcf is dropping off holding fee on their way home from work tonight, they already emailed back the agreement forms.

I don't want to be greedy in any way ever, so I guess I will just only charge for services already provided plus charge for food/curriculum fees.

thanks for responding. I think just having another voice sometimes really helps..no it always helps....thanks thrifty.....
MarinaVanessa 04:11 PM 09-01-2015
If you think that the family will give you a hard time I'd be obliged to just refund the $ including today and be done with them nice and clean.
daycare 04:44 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
If you think that the family will give you a hard time I'd be obliged to just refund the $ including today and be done with them nice and clean.
this is what i did. great minds think alike.

happy to see you how are things?
MarinaVanessa 02:57 PM 09-02-2015
Good, just busy. My own 2 yo is well ... two and driving me bananas lol. I decided to keep just one DCK for now since I'm 6 months pregnant and slow. It seems that lately I've had a stress-free mentality which is why I can relate to you wanting to just let bygones be bygones with your family lol.

For me it would be a risk for potentially too much work to fuss with a family over one days worth of daycare that they didn't even attend for so I completely get it. In my head I'd just be like "Ugh, just go away already"
daycare 03:14 PM 09-02-2015
Good, just busy. My own 2 yo is well ... two and driving me bananas lol. I decided to keep just one DCK for now since I'm 6 months pregnant and slow. It seems that lately I've had a stress-free mentality which is why I can relate to you wanting to just let bygones be bygones with your family lol.

For me it would be a risk for potentially too much work to fuss with a family over one days worth of daycare that they didn't even attend for so I completely get it. In my head I'd just be like "Ugh, just go away already"
lol exactly how i feel. No need to make drama or chaos. just go away already lol

happy to hear you are doing well. How did i not know you were pregnant?

congrats. when are you due?
MarinaVanessa 03:26 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
lol exactly how i feel. No need to make drama or chaos. just go away already lol

happy to hear you are doing well. How did i not know you were pregnant?

congrats. when are you due?
I may not have mentioned it here until now lol. And there's the part where I somehow missed the pregancy signs until I finally realized that I'd missed at least two cycles, you would think I knew all of the signs considering this will be #4 for me lol. Apparently I missed my entire 1st trimester . We also had a slight hesitation/scare so we didn't announce it to even our family until not too long ago but things are looking good now just waiting for some last blood test results which should come in this week to clear me and then it should be clear sailing.

I'm due in the middle of January and it's a girl so I'll have two complete sets yay!
daycare 03:33 PM 09-02-2015
I may not have mentioned it here until now lol. And there's the part where I somehow missed the pregancy signs until I finally realized that I'd missed at least two cycles, you would think I knew all of the signs considering this will be #4 for me lol. Apparently I missed my entire 1st trimester . We also had a slight hesitation/scare so we didn't announce it to even our family until not too long ago but things are looking good now just waiting for some last blood test results which should come in this week to clear me and then it should be clear sailing.

I'm due in the middle of January and it's a girl so I'll have two complete sets yay!
oh wow. again congrats! how super exciting!
you are busy busy for sure.

I am going to keep you and your baby in my prayers and that all continues to go well.

i can understand your need to not announce. My older sister went through that and it was very very hard on everyone.

glad to see you back. I always envy your ideas.
NeedaVaca 04:05 PM 09-02-2015

Congrats!!
MarinaVanessa 11:08 AM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Congrats!!
Thank you, we're excited. This pregnancy has been hard on me physically for sure and emotionally somewhat. I'm still very fatigued and my muscles and ligaments in the belly hurt from being strained (no threat to the baby) so it has been difficult for me to get housework done, bending etc. So right now I only have 1 DCB and of course my own 3 kids. I'll get an infant in October/November but he'll be 5/6 months already so we will see how it goes. Just going to take it easy until the baby comes
Tags:trial period, two weeks
Reply Up