Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tuition Box Or Change Current Contract
daycare 12:39 PM 09-18-2015
So I have a lot of families that do not attend on Friday, which is our payment due date.

Our current policy states that you must make your payment on or before the due date. well a lot of my families that don't attend on Friday are waiting until this date to make their payment. The problem is that it is highly disruptive to our program on Friday. We have 6 kids that don't attend on this day, so today so far we were interrupted 4 times and waiting for 2 more parents to come in at some point during the day.

I have considered a payment drop box, but I live in a huge city and don't know how smart that would be. I do live in a good area, but you never know. Does anyone use one and if so can you share with me about it.

or I am thinking that i am going to start requiring payment on their last day of care that week. I refuse to take monday morning drop off, I have 22 kids enrolled in my program and will not take money out of my own pocket to buy food and supplies for the following week.

any other ideas are welome.

thanks
Blackcat31 12:43 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
So I have a lot of families that do not attend on Friday, which is our payment due date.

Our current policy states that you must make your payment on or before the due date. well a lot of my families that don't attend on Friday are waiting until this date to make their payment. The problem is that it is highly disruptive to our program on Friday. We have 6 kids that don't attend on this day, so today so far we were interrupted 4 times and waiting for 2 more parents to come in at some point during the day.

I have considered a payment drop box, but I live in a huge city and don't know how smart that would be. I do live in a good area, but you never know. Does anyone use one and if so can you share with me about it.

or I am thinking that i am going to start requiring payment on their last day of care that week. I refuse to take monday morning drop off, I have 22 kids enrolled in my program and will not take money out of my own pocket to buy food and supplies for the following week.

any other ideas are welome.

thanks
"Payments are due on the last day of the child's attendance of the week. No checks will be deposited or cashed until Friday after 5PM. Payments made via bank transfers are due NO LATER than noon on Friday"

I require parents that don't attend on Fridays to have their payments made on whatever the last day is that their child is here. If you attend M-Th, then you payment is due on Thursday.
littletots 12:45 PM 09-18-2015
Other pay options like PayPal, parent sets up direct deposit like
Person2person capital one, chase has similar. All my payments are auto set
daycare 12:50 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
"Payments are due on the last day of the child's attendance of the week. No checks will be deposited or cashed until Friday after 5PM. Payments made via bank transfers are due NO LATER than noon on Friday"

I require parents that don't attend on Fridays to have their payments made on whatever the last day is that their child is here. If you attend M-Th, then you payment is due on Thursday.
ok thats good to know that I am not thinking too far off.

so i am going to say this.

Due to the interruptions that are caused by payment drop off for families that don't attend on friday, effective immediately payments will become due on your child's last day of attendance of the week. Then state that checks will be cashed on Friday.

I do have several that pay in cash too on Friday. what about them?
daycare 12:50 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by littletots:
Other pay options like PayPal, parent sets up direct deposit like
Person2person capital one, chase has similar. All my payments are auto set
I will only do a wire for bank of america. otherwise there is a 3 business day delay in the deposit getting to me and my bank charges.
jenboo 01:18 PM 09-18-2015
I moved before I could do this but I was going to screw a box into the wall by the door (outside) and put a lock on it.
Parents would be able to slip cash/check into the slot but it's locked and attached to the wall. I would obviously check it at nap and/or the end of the day.
littletots 01:18 PM 09-18-2015
I will only do a wire for bank of america. otherwise there is a 3 business day delay in the deposit getting to me and my bank charges.
Yes, parents request on wed for it to post Fri. I didn't realize I was charged. I'll research
littletots 01:25 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by littletots:
Yes, parents request on wed for it to post Fri. I didn't realize I was charged. I'll research
I also have BOA , no charge
daycare 01:29 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I moved before I could do this but I was going to screw a box into the wall by the door (outside) and put a lock on it.
Parents would be able to slip cash/check into the slot but it's locked and attached to the wall. I would obviously check it at nap and/or the end of the day.
i don't own the house, would it it have to attach to the outside of the house?

i really like the last day of the week your child attends, but then what about my cash parents?

I am sure they are waiting to pay me on Friday because this is when they get paid too.
Blackcat31 02:31 PM 09-18-2015

I do have several that pay in cash too on Friday. what about them?
If they don't attend on Fridays, then they just figure out a way to get the cash by pick up on their childs last day of care.

I guess I don't have an answer to that as I get that some parents don't have that option but its never been an issue here...kwim? I guess I've just always had the rule of due last day your kid is here that it's just the way its always been and parents figure it out on their end.

I also do not accept payments on the weekends or after hours either. I accept payments during business hours only.

I also do not like the idea of a cash/payment box because I don't like the fact that parents can drop a check in there and I don't know if its the correct amount or made out correctly or even truly there. Unless I look at it while the parent is present and if I am going to do that, they might as well just hand it directly to me.

I don't have problems discussing money/tuition or asking for payments that are due. It's not personal so I don't treat it that way. I don't make buying milk and bread an emotional experience at the grocery store so I don't make it personal when it comes to paying for services you (parents) need or sign up for. It's business. I do X, you pay for it.
jenboo 02:41 PM 09-18-2015
i don't own the house, would it it have to attach to the outside of the house?

i really like the last day of the week your child attends, but then what about my cash parents?

I am sure they are waiting to pay me on Friday because this is when they get paid too.
Maybe a box on a post would work! Just dig the hole deep so that it's more secure
childcaremom 05:11 PM 09-18-2015
If they are paying cash, I don't like the idea of a drop box. I would be nervous about that.

I would make it so that they still pay on the last day of attendance. If it is hard to parents to figure out (it shouldn't be but use your judgement) you could always have set times for drop off. When you know you won't be busy. For example, 12-1, or 3-4. Late fees apply if they drop after those times and inconvenience fees outside those hours.

Or... just thought of this... you could make it so that they pay on last day of attendance. For parents who continue to want to pay on Fridays, payments will only be accepted btwn 11-12 (or whatever) and will be charged an inconvenience fee of $25. Or whatever.

ETA: It all seems like a massive headache, though. I would make it straight across the board pay by last day of attendance. Let them figure it out.
daycare 05:15 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
If they are paying cash, I don't like the idea of a drop box. I would be nervous about that.

I would make it so that they still pay on the last day of attendance. If it is hard to parents to figure out (it shouldn't be but use your judgement) you could always have set times for drop off. When you know you won't be busy. For example, 12-1, or 3-4. Late fees apply if they drop after those times and inconvenience fees outside those hours.

Or... just thought of this... you could make it so that they pay on last day of attendance. For parents who continue to want to pay on Fridays, payments will only be accepted btwn 11-12 (or whatever) and will be charged an inconvenience fee of $25. Or whatever.

ETA: It all seems like a massive headache, though. I would make it straight across the board pay by last day of attendance. Let them figure it out.
Oh I agree.....

I think that no matter cash or check, its that last day of the week they attend.
Reply Up