Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newspaper Ad
Preschool/daycare teacher 06:29 PM 12-21-2011
Saw an ad in the newspaper for the town next to us. Someone's offering childcare services for any shift, any hours, any age up to 12. Rates: Infants & toddlers - Full time $50/week; Ages 3-12 - Full time $60/week. Hourly rates available as well.
So they charge less for infants and toddlers than they do older children, will work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift and will do an hourly pay rate (pay as you go). I feel really bad for this provider when they get burned out with all that, and no income to show for it.
cheerfuldom 08:41 PM 12-21-2011
This is for sure someone new and desperate, just trying to get anyone in the door.
littlemissmuffet 09:38 PM 12-21-2011
Yikes.

I charge a flat rate regardless of age. However, if I did charge diffrent rates for diffrent age categories, I too would charge less for infants than toddlers and up... personally, I think infants are much less "work".
cheerfuldom 06:13 AM 12-22-2011
most people charge more for infants because they have limited spots and for most people, take MORE work. Thats the case for me. Its hard to plan activites, walks and such around babies that are constantly sleeping.
MissAnn 06:32 AM 12-22-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
most people charge more for infants because they have limited spots and for most people, take MORE work. Thats the case for me. Its hard to plan activites, walks and such around babies that are constantly sleeping.
Not to mention the more demanding rules and regs
frgsonmysox 06:35 AM 12-22-2011
Only $50-$60/hour? Wow....

I plan to do all shifts only because we live in a military community and most military members have shift changes every few weeks. However, I am making it quite known that outside normal daycare hours I won't be operating as a daycare, but more as a babysitter - meaning I'm not going to be down on the floor 24 hours a day playing with the kids, doing activities, ect. Past a certain hour, your kids will be treated like MY kids and daycare is over. I only plan to take 3 kids in, so it shouldn't be a huge deal.
Tags:expectations
Reply Up