Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Expectations from a Child Care Center
littlestarday 01:19 AM 07-23-2012
What are the expectations you have from a child care center or preschool for your children
Ex -
1. Need of Children
2. Right of children
3. MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR PLACES OF CARE
4. Safety & Security
5. Others
Michael 01:29 AM 07-23-2012
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.
sanderson 11:18 PM 08-08-2012
1. Developmentally appropriate and stimulating activities
2. Special care and respect for child
3. Nutritionally balanced meals and snacks
4. Daily notes (mostly verbal)
5. Open and honest communication, if anything is going on with child,
I expect that child care center should talk to me about it freely.
Heidi 08:12 AM 08-09-2012
This goes for family childcare as well as center care...

1. State health and safety standards met consistently (everyone makes minor mistakes, such as missing paperwork, but overall, they should meet regulatory code). Even exempt providers should meet basic health and safety standards.

2. Caring teachers and caregivers who are responsive to the children's needs, who treat the children respectfully, and provide discipline when needed, but in a caring manner.

3. A fun, friendly atmosphere, with opportunities for the children to play, explore, and learn, although not necessarily through formal instruction.

4. Teachers that stay for a long time because they are respected and paid decently.

5. Good communication between teachers and parents.

6. Parents who value the teachers and the center, who don't think of the center as just somewhere to park their children while they are gone, and who are willing to pitch in once in a while to make things better for all parties; the children, the families, and the caregivers.

I noticed in your example that you had "minimum standards for safety and care". In WI, that list is 764 or so items long, with varying degrees of importance. Each state has it's own standards, but in the long run, common sense should prevail, and each parent must decide for themselves if their caregiver meets THEIR standards. If not, find another caregiver....
adoreachild 11:00 PM 08-12-2012
Among all these the most important and the top most expectation of each and every parents from a child care is the safety and security of their child. Others are varies from one parents to other but the safety and security is the common expectation of every parents from a child care.
Tags:2012, expectations, responsibilities
Reply Up