Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Can't MAKE This Stuff Up!
laundrymom 10:30 AM 12-16-2011
Car pulls up - a couple minutes pass - Child arrives, parent hugs, leaves. Child takes off coat I said, honey let's go wipe your face. Looks like you have some breakfast left over. Child says, oh no I chewed my sucker in the car mom gave me to put on my seatbelt. I had breakfast at home.

I said, you had a sucker in the car?

Yep! ( big smile)

I said what did you eat at home???

S'more Poptarts. And bug juice.

( eyes popping from my head)

Child then says-

But it's ok. I had tic tacs so I would smell clean! ( another big grin from this almost 4 yr old)

This is when I realize child is in same clothes as last night.

Ugh. Hello Friday.
Sugar Magnolia 10:52 AM 12-16-2011
What?!? Ugh! Was he bouncing off walls or his little body used to all that sugar? Bug Juice-WORSE than Hawiian Punch. RED makes kids crazy, I swear!
Heidi 10:54 AM 12-16-2011
wow...just wow!

youretooloud 10:59 AM 12-16-2011
Wow... how was he after all that sugar?

I have one who's bouncing off the walls right now... His mom walked in and said "If he's not here when I come back, I'll completely understand".

And now I see why she said that.
laundrymom 11:25 AM 12-16-2011
absolutely NO INDICATION from behavior showed her diet was any different than normal. No hyper, No tantrums, NO whining, No anything other than a normal sweetie.
frgsonmysox 03:23 PM 12-16-2011
wow... I don't understand WHY a parent would want to load their kid up on sugar and processed food like that, especially so early in the morning.
Michael 05:13 PM 12-16-2011
And parents wonder why their kids can't keep still, then they go get them on ADHD meds. Sugar them up, then medicate. Uppers and downers. Wonder where it all starts.
Childminder 05:24 PM 12-16-2011
Maybe the child didn't act differently from normal. Maybe that is how she always eats
Country Kids 12:42 PM 12-21-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
Wow... how was he after all that sugar?

I have one who's bouncing off the walls right now... His mom walked in and said "If he's not here when I come back, I'll completely understand".

And now I see why she said that.
I love this one!
Tags:parents - are clueless, parents - dont know how, sugar
Reply Up